Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Orkney Grey Pure Manual in the Austrian hills.
Evo-king

RE: My Orkney Grey Pure Manual in the Austrian hills.

He's new, perhaps a moderator will move it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-08-2012 03:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
daveo

Car continues to impress. 10,000km's & it seems to be running in nicely and becoming smoother and delivering more power and torque. Weather is getting colder and the heated steering wheel is coming into its own!

No real complaints only questions why...

Why install a cheap gear stick gator and not a leather one. Really messes up the whole tactility of the cockpit.
Why not have an option to override the eco start/stop, so 'I' have the option if I want to use it. It hides behind the gear stick so I cant see its on. would be nice to have it off permanently and I choose if I want it on. (who's found the cheat, like the one for the seat belt chime).
Why are the auto headlight sensors so damn sensitive? Headlights come on under normal road bridges!
Why does the AV touch screen take soooooo long to switch between screens.
Why is the cruise control electronically limited to a maximum speed. Cummon, I live in Germany where I can drive at whatever ridiculous speed I wish on the Autobahn's.
Winters coming and why hasn't RR come out with a decent set of rubber mats that actually cover the floor of the car rather than just looking pretty?
Tongue Out
09-10-2012 08:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(27-08-2012 03:03pm)Evo-king Wrote:  He's new, perhaps a moderator will move it.

I've tried various functions in the moderators controls but I end up with the entire thread repeated either twice here or in the General section. Don't want to copy and paste it incase something is lost

(09-10-2012 08:52am)daveo Wrote:  Why are the auto headlight sensors so damn sensitive? Headlights come on under normal road bridges!
Why does the AV touch screen take soooooo long to switch between screens.
Because lots of RRS and Disco3-4 owners like me complained to land Rover that it had to be dark before the previous system switched on, that rendered the system useless - better to come on too soon than not at all
(09-10-2012 08:52am)daveo Wrote:  Winters coming and why hasn't RR come out with a decent set of rubber mats that actually cover the floor of the car rather than just looking pretty?Tongue Out
Because you have purchased a Range Rover and not a Land Rover which you might drive in your muddy wellington boots, straight off the farm fields or out of a quarry - The dealership will sell you some splendid rubber ones that will hold a lot of water/ snow melt if you want them

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 09:26am by XFullFatTim.)
09-10-2012 09:18am
daveo

I will certainly be driving the Evoque in my muddy wellies... found a set of mats on ebay but they are right hookers.
09-10-2012 11:50am
steviej

Wow pleased to see how great Orkney Grey looks cos mine is being delivered (fingers crossed) in 16 days time!!

Prestige, Orkney Grey, pano roof, keyless entry, powered tailgate, solar attenuating glass, spare wheel

Very excited now!!
09-10-2012 12:03pm
BeemerBoy

daveo is this a my13?

looks good

get my og on november 26th... the wait continues!

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
09-10-2012 06:02pm
daveo

its a 12... Cool
10-10-2012 07:56am
daveo

Just ordered a set of these

http://www.weathertecheurope.de/land-rov...d=88914504

Will let you know how they fit etc. It gets VERY messy here during the winter and the rubber mats that I have for the Evoque simply arent up to anything other than a damp foot!
17-10-2012 11:26am
daveo

Had these mats in use for a while now after already heavy snow and totally mucky kids/salt/water etc etc. They're great, keep all the muck out/off the carpets, can highly recommend them! Not a cheap crappy product either and fit perfectly! 10/10
22-12-2012 01:26pm
eddkawasaki

Daveo those mats look just the job for protecting my carpets from the nasty winter filth, pity they seem to be only available in left hand drive Sad

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
22-12-2012 02:46pm