Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Mirrors Don't Dip In Reverse!
The Valeter

My Mirrors Don't Dip In Reverse!

Sure they did once when I first got it but they don't dip when I select reverse gear now. Tried going into the vehicle settings as sugested by the dealer but there is no category for the mirrors in it.
I have a Pure Tech but ordered the Powerfold Mirror option with puddle lamps etc (not the memory one as I have manual seats). Question

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 09:32am by The Valeter.)
26-04-2013 09:31am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Squidly73

RE: My Mirrors Don't Dip In Reverse!

(26-04-2013 09:31am)The Valeter Wrote:  Sure they did once when I first got it but they don't dip when I select reverse gear now. Tried going into the vehicle settings as sugested by the dealer but there is no category for the mirrors in it.
I have a Pure Tech but ordered the Powerfold Mirror option with puddle lamps etc (not the memory one as I have manual seats). Question

Hi, Folding mirrors can be enabled in set up menu on dashboard, by clicking down on the right command of steering wheel

not in vehicle setting of your navigation device

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
26-04-2013 09:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RichardW66

(26-04-2013 09:31am)The Valeter Wrote:  Sure they did once when I first got it but they don't dip when I select reverse gear now. Tried going into the vehicle settings as sugested by the dealer but there is no category for the mirrors in it.

I also have a Pure with the Tech Pack and manual seats, however I don't think the auto dip on the mirrors when reverse is selected is an option (if it is, it is not in my cars settings)

See below from the manual:
MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING
If the vehicle is equipped with memory seats,
when reverse gear is selected the door mirrors
can be set to automatically adjust, providing an
improved viewing angle of the curb side for
reversing. The Reverse-dip mirror feature
must be switched on. See 56, VEHICLE
INFORMATION AND SETTINGS MENU.
The exact dipped position can be adjusted
while the mirrors are dipped;
1. With the ignition on, select reverse gear.
2. With the mirror adjust controls, adjust to
the desired dip position.
3. Select neutral (N) gear. This will store your
setting for future use.
The next time reverse is selected, the newly
adjusted position will be selected.
When the gear selector is moved out of
reverse, the mirrors will return to their previous
position.
Note: If vehicle speed exceeds 7km/h (4mph)
in reverse, the mirrors will return to their
normal driving position for enhanced visibility.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
26-04-2013 09:54am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Squidly73

Good information THANKS

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
26-04-2013 10:22am
caroline11000

I have a pure tech with power fold mirrors and they don't dip in reverse, think it's only available with the memory seats

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
26-04-2013 10:31am
Crimdog

MY13 in aus have "auto dipping" on auto folding mirrors... But it's refering to dipping to eliminate reflected light not actually changing the morror position which is only available with memory seats.
26-04-2013 10:58am
PhilSkill

Yes you need memory seats (drivers), and you have to configure the position you want them to dip to, just select reverse and adjust the mirrors, then when you deselect reverse they will return to the driving position if it's working, select reverse again they will dip to your preset position.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 01:09pm by PhilSkill.)
26-04-2013 01:09pm
The Valeter

Oh well, that answers that then, thaught the auto-dip was a generic function with or without power seats! Sad

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
26-04-2013 05:16pm
Kojak

(26-04-2013 05:16pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Oh well, that answers that then, thaught the auto-dip was a generic function with or without power seats! Sad
Mmmm...would be nice!

When I come to change in a few years Embarrassed I am hoping you can get the auto dipping as standard with the basic powerfold. Also the heated front screen without needing to get less necessary things in a pack.

Thats the only thing that annoys me....
I would have paid extra for either the screen or auto dip but refuse to buy a pack with stuff I don't want just so I can have the one thng in it that I do want.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 07:00pm by Kojak.)
26-04-2013 06:59pm
Squidly73

(26-04-2013 05:16pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Oh well, that answers that then, thaught the auto-dip was a generic function with or without power seats! Sad

So the first time, you dream that your mirrors was dipping Laughing

26-04-2013 07:03pm