Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multi Story Car Parks.
Evo-king

Multi Story Car Parks.

Well this happened a few weeks back but coping with and caring for one poorly dog took priority.

I had to park the Evoque in the Hospital MSCP, I parked on the end of a row as you do if you can, the car parked next to me was a small vehicle, but when I returned I guess another vehicle had used the bay next to my Evoque, because this was what I was greeted with.

[Image: 20130916_083758.jpg]

[Image: 20130916_083717.jpg]

[Image: 20130916_083654.jpg]

[Image: 20130916_083632.jpg]

Some people really are careless, also I checked, no CCTV's near the spot.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-09-2013 10:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Multi Story Car Parks.

Not good Sad
just to care for anyone's property these days.

Every day I have to park in the "Kings Mall" car park in Hammersmith and every day I come back waiting to see something like this - I must get wierd looks when I'm looking down the 'line' of the car looking for ripples in the door from ignorant and careless people who use my car as a door stop Sad

Our other car, was once minty mint, is now peppered in door creases and scrapes from car park incidents... ironically most are from my wifes work... even more ironic is that she works for the police at HQ Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it does at least look like a surface scuff, so no dents, so hopefully can be polished back, and then the worst of it touched up??
Obviously you shouldn't ever have had to do this, but such is the way of our society today Sad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 11:10am by RacingSnake.)
19-09-2013 11:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

Bad news EK. Whenever I park my car I'm always anxious to get back to it in case someone does this sort of thing. It's not helped by the miserably mean sized parking bays that we have to deal with, especially at airport car parks when usually all of the car's occupants throw open the doors at their excitement of going on holiday. I'm just grateful that I don't have a FFRR.
19-09-2013 11:38am
RacingSnake

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news...igger.html

"A study found that while parking spaces are no larger than they were 20 years ago, cars are 16 per cent bigger — on average two inches wider than the gap they have to squeeze into.

It means that the average car is now two inches wider than the 5ft 11ins (1.80m) minimum recommended by Whitehall"
:S

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-09-2013 11:56am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

(19-09-2013 11:56am)RacingSnake Wrote:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news...igger.html

"A study found that while parking spaces are no larger than they were 20 years ago, cars are 16 per cent bigger — on average two inches wider than the gap they have to squeeze into.

It means that the average car is now two inches wider than the 5ft 11ins (1.80m) minimum recommended by Whitehall"
:S

I agree!

When ever we drive into London I always end up parking in the middle of 2 spaces in the corner so no one can park either side of me now. The spaces are so tight even if you get yourself parked in a space it will be super tight for who ever parks next to you and that is when accidents happen!!

If we are in supermarket car parks we park furthest away also.
20-09-2013 07:28am
bigbadsquare

I do the park furthest away thing . Saves on scratches .
20-09-2013 07:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evo-King - try your local franchise of Chip's Away - I've had very good experience of using them for repairing small damages like these. I appreciate that they are franchises and not all are as good as others

The spaces I look for are those at the deck level's emergency exits - at all the local MSCP's those slots are 1.5 vehicles wide with a yellow hatched walkway to one side. I park with one side of the car right on the white line of the slot on the edge of the hatched area and that leaves loads of space on the otherside for the car parked there to get in and out and open heir door on the side of my car. I recently saw parking attendants assisting a lady driving an Audi Q7 who had parked in a corner slot when the car park was empty - her car was so long that when it came time to leave somebody had parked so close on one side that she couldn't get her Audi out of the slot because of it's length and poor steering lock.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 09:38am by XFullFatTim.)
20-09-2013 09:33am
Evo-king

Now we are back from our hols, it is booked in next week for the repair.

It is going into the (Chips Away or whatever they are called) bodyshop and not a home repair.

Full panel clearcoat/laquer application, plus lifetime guarantee.

Let's see how good they are.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-10-2013 09:38pm
Amadeus

Sorry to hear of your dilemma EK - I recently went to shop at my local Westfields (major shopping complex builder here in Sydney) and it was so full I had to go to Level 6 to find a spot and this was seriously the only spot available - next to a Santorini coupe ...... what else could I do but park there!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
11-10-2013 10:22pm
speary

(11-10-2013 10:22pm)Amadeus Wrote:  Sorry to hear of your dilemma EK - I recently went to shop at my local Westfields (major shopping complex builder here in Sydney) and it was so full I had to go to Level 6 to find a spot and this was seriously the only spot available - next to a Santorini coupe ...... what else could I do but park there!

Those space look a lot wider than we get in the UK. our car park designers still think we drive original Minis

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
14-10-2013 08:37am