Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided
hybris

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided

Drilling in the Evoque to fit mud flaps! Come on guys! Exit exit exit!!! Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
17-10-2011 07:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

I drilled many holes in my exige to fit a rear diffuser now i corner better/faster. The postive outweighs the negative in this case; i would rather have a hole covered by a mudflap than rock chips plastered on the side of my Evoque. Plus from the diagram its an easy installation too!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
17-10-2011 07:54pm
hybris

You can fit transparent plastic / film if you really want to protect against chips. But again is it a real issue on the Evoque? This is very car specific. I don't have a single chip on my X5 that I have driven 3 years on the roads. (on the sides)

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
17-10-2011 07:57pm
exigejoe

I think it is! I use to have a MAzda CX9 and was the same with ur X5 no mudflaps and no dirt/rock chips on the side. I mean you have white, things are just gonna show up more and with the Evoque, imo, it has a tendency for it to shoot up onto the sides.

17-10-2011 08:00pm
DynamicRRV

Jesus!!!! Does it matter ..... Fit em.... Don't fit em.... Each to there own!!! Next thread please!!!!!
17-10-2011 08:01pm
mark_n

Now Now DynamicRRV! We have to have something to talk about while the boys at Halewood are scratching their heads about which part goes where...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-10-2011 08:04pm
hybris

Don't read the thread if you are not interested. Im interested to know if there are issues with chips and the Evoque. If its a real issue fitting mud flaps can be considered. I have seen the X5 M-sport and that one do have issues with chips due to the large wheel arcs and no sidesteps. So the discussion is very relevant and interesting.

I have seen that 3M have transparent plastic that you can put in some of the strategic areas where you get chips. Probably nothing for the Evoque yet though.
BTW. Regarding chips. Should be enough to fit the mud flaps in the front only. Or does is spray the rear bumper?

(This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 08:41pm by hybris.)
17-10-2011 08:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hybris you can buy it in sheets from good auto-stores and fit it yourself, doesn't have to be pre cut to the shape of the car - only the bonnet and front wings need special cut shapes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-10-2011 08:44pm
hybris

I know that some X5 with M-sport have fit that 3M plastic to the parts on the sides that do get sprayed. Guess I will need to wait until delivery to see if this is a real problem or not.

17-10-2011 08:57pm
exigejoe

it sprays in the rear also! i suggest both!

17-10-2011 08:58pm