Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mudflap fitting opinions
Dwp

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions

(28-08-2012 07:15pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  in your picture number 1, you can see two holes, I believe from looking at the fitting instructions that two fixings should be in place there. They are removed as step 1 of the instructions, and it looks like they weren't replaced (same with mine). Although I could be reading the instructions wrong!

They haven't forgot to replace them, there wasn't any there to begin with! Only 4 fixings to deal with on the rear, a plastic one towards the back, a plastic one and a bolt on the upper and a screw on the bottom of the bumper just inside the arch.

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2012 11:04pm by Dwp.)
28-08-2012 10:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bodlyfunctions

There is no need to cut the wheel arch lining. I did mine myself with some help from my local garage to jack up the back take the wheels off. Certainly no cutting like your pictures. In my opinion I would suggest you find someone else with a good fit and take pictures for comparison as that does not look quite right.
28-08-2012 11:16pm
mark_n

(28-08-2012 10:33pm)IvorRedOne Wrote:  What do you mean Mark "mudflaps are too low" I can't see how they could be fitted any differently. Mine were fitted by a Dealership. Please advise further. Thanks

Best seen in the third picture of the first post. If you look at the bottom of the mudflap, you can see the contour of the mudflap does not match that of the car, it needs to be a couple of mm higher which will also set the top level with the line with the bodywork.

The first two images of yours show the same mis-alignment and I don't think the rear view is right. Finally, I don't know what they did to the wheel arch liner but it looks a bit rumpled.

I'm afraid the fact the dealer fitted them is no recommendation. The instructions are poor and, in the case of the coupe rears, miss out a complete step and they will not take the trouble to get them right.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2012 11:49pm by mark_n.)
28-08-2012 11:44pm
wavey.dave

(28-08-2012 11:44pm)mark_n Wrote:  Best seen in the third picture of the first post. If you look at the bottom of the mudflap, you can see the contour of the mudflap does not match that of the car, it needs to be a couple of mm higher which will also set the top level with the line with the bodywork.

The first two images of yours show the same mis-alignment and I don't think the rear view is right. Finally, I don't know what they did to the wheel arch liner but it looks a bit rumpled.

I'm afraid the fact the dealer fitted them is no recommendation. The instructions are poor and, in the case of the coupe rears, miss out a complete step and they will not take the trouble to get them right.

Agree Mark, I noticed the lack of alignment straight away. I did have a good look through your instructions and read about other people's experience, but decided for £50 it was worth getting the dealer to do it. It took them over 2 hours, and I only paid for 30 mins.

Am I right in thinking that all I need to do to re-align them is loosen the 2 screws and nut and move it into place?

[Image: 143277.png]
29-08-2012 12:26am
mark_n

I don't have any experience of the 5 door but you need to loosen all the fixings, adjust the position and tighten them stage by stage in succession. The problem with that comes if new fixings are established by drilling holes (such as is the case with the coupe fronts) - you may not get the adjustment you need.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-08-2012 12:39am