babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Mudflap fitting opinions - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Mudflap fitting opinions (/Thread-Mudflap-fitting-opinions)

Pages: 1 2

Mudflap fitting opinions - wavey.dave - 28-08-2012 03:46pm

Hey folks

Just back from the dealer after getting mudflaps fitted. Not too sure I'm happy with the fitting tbh. They don't seem to have re-attached wheel arch fittings, and they've made a cut in the wheel arch liner.

What do you think -
[Image: IMG_0303.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0304.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0305.JPG]

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - Griff449 - 28-08-2012 04:13pm

Oh hope they don't do that with mine this week........

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - vinda - 28-08-2012 04:55pm

That's terrible. Mine were fitted by dealer and not like that. Id complain
Why did they cut a chunk out of your car. I'd demand that they replace that. Boj job. Which dealer do you use

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - Dwp - 28-08-2012 05:10pm

I've just fitted some to mine over the weekend, easy enough job, did both front and back with the wheels on. There is a bit of a cut out in the wheel arch lining where the body meets the bumper, but they definitely haven't got sitting correctly.

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - IvorRedOne - 28-08-2012 05:34pm

(28-08-2012 03:46pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  Hey folks
Just back from the dealer after getting mudflaps fitted. Not too sure I'm happy with the fitting tbh. They don't seem to have re-attached wheel arch fittings, and they've made a cut in the wheel arch liner.

Had mine fitted about two weeks ago. Just had to go and check mine to see if there was any damage. Thankfully not. You should show these pics of mine to your dealer and get them to sort out the damage they have done to your vehicle. That's unacceptable.

[Image: dscn02661600x1200.jpg]

[Image: dscn02651600x1200.jpg]

[Image: dscn02671600x1200.jpg]

[Image: dscn02681600x1200.jpg]

[Image: dscn02691600x1200.jpg]

[Image: dscn02701600x1200.jpg]

[Image: dscn02711600x1200.jpg]

Few pics for those not sure about having mudflaps fitted. Personally, they do stop the crap riding up the side of the car and they give the car a wider stance look about it.

Car shown with no Badges except Evoque.

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - wavey.dave - 28-08-2012 06:40pm

update

it was basically shoddy fitting. The liner hand't been pushed back into place, gave it a bit of a shove and the cut is now concealed. Still think the mudflap alignment is out though.

IvorRedOne - I notice they didn't replace the fittings on yours either.

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - IvorRedOne - 28-08-2012 07:02pm

(28-08-2012 06:40pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  update

it was basically shoddy fitting. The liner hand't been pushed back into place, gave it a bit of a shove and the cut is now concealed. Still think the mudflap alignment is out though.

IvorRedOne - I notice they didn't replace the fittings on yours either.
Glad you managed to conceal the hole cut. Though can you explain about replacing the fittings. Not sure what you mean. Should there be a cover over this area?

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - wavey.dave - 28-08-2012 07:15pm

in your picture number 1, you can see two holes, I believe from looking at the fitting instructions that two fixings should be in place there. They are removed as step 1 of the instructions, and it looks like they weren't replaced (same with mine). Although I could be reading the instructions wrong!

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - mark_n - 28-08-2012 10:21pm

I wouldn't be happy with either of those. The mudflap is too low. It's an absolute bodger's paradise and the instructions are hopeless. IMHO, fitting them yourself, taking the wheel off and taking time to do it right is the way to go.

RE: Mudflap fitting opinions - IvorRedOne - 28-08-2012 10:33pm

(28-08-2012 10:21pm)mark_n Wrote:  I wouldn't be happy with either of those. The mudflap is too low. It's an absolute bodger's paradise and the instructions are hopeless. IMHO, fitting them yourself, taking the wheel off and taking time to do it right is the way to go.

What do you mean Mark "mudflaps are too low" I can't see how they could be fitted any differently. Mine were fitted by a Dealership. Please advise further. Thanks