Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mile Muncher
ajmooseman

Mile Muncher

Ok guys not been posting much but still reading. Since delivery in November I've not done a great deal in the evouque, I've mainly been factory based which is just 2 miles from my home, and due to the beautiful newness of it, I've tended to opt for the wife's disco when being Dad taxi. Yesterday it still only hand 1700 miles on it.

Yesterday however I had reason to travel a whole 508 miles in it and TBH covered pretty much every type of driving condition (other than off road and snow).

Leaving the house at 6:30am I pottered though my village as normal and then took the hilly route over moors to the motorway, not the best roads, but norm we me around Holmfirth so nothing new there. Hitting the M62 at about 7 with the rush hour beginning, allowed me to experience the car in stop start traffic, again nothing special but time to mess with Audio and Nav options. making my way up the M61 and hitting the M6, by now traffic as normal heading north was thinning out, cruise control set and watch the miles tick by, the car is very stable at speed, the sense of speed if very low, even at above the national speed limit the car seems to be travelling at speed a lot less, cabin noise is low and ride is very smooth. Effortless motorway miles pass until I reach Gretna, left turn onto the A75 with another 100 miles of A road, some single some double carriageway, Stranraer being my destination, to anyone who's not travelled this road, the main reason for the traffic is to head to the port at Stranraer, so it has heavy use from wagons, passing these is a must if progress is to be made, so when the opportunity arises you got be quick and go, putting the gear box in S mode and switching the terrain mode to Dynamic give the car all the umff required, with wagons passed the well service A road was wide open, and one agin the car continued to make me smile, the stiff suspension and slick handling allowed speeds which TBH even in cars such as my old 996 wouldn;t manage with such ease and comfort. The sun was shining the sky was blue,beautiful landscapes my blind on the pano roof open, ipod playing classic driving songs it felt like a episode of Top gear.

And the best bit I had to turn around and do it all on the way back, hopefully without the rush hour on the M62!

I know most of you are well and truly involved with your Evoque now, but even after4 months of ownership yesterday confirmed to me why I love my evouque.

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
02-03-2012 10:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oop north

RE: Mile Muncher

Excellent - good to hear this!
02-03-2012 10:50am
Pommyboi

That sounds like a great drive.

I'm looking forward to getting to Scotland with my car and planning a trip to France in August to have that kind of experience over and above the normal commute to and from work.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
02-03-2012 10:51am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes once in the cruise the Evoque is a fine car for long journeys - quiet at speed, settled ride and plenty of power from the engine should you need to press on a bit

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-03-2012 09:19pm
Evo-king

That's good to hear as we are likely to be driving to Les Girards a couple of times a year. That's about 700 miles each way.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-03-2012 10:44pm