Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MINI's version of Evoque styling...
Chicago_Buckeye

MINI's version of Evoque styling...

Just saw this on the AutoSpies site regarding the MINI Paceman, originally introduced at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show:

"It's interesting how this two-door sport-utility vehicle's roofline bears a distant resemblance to the Range Rover Evoque. Note the sloping quality?"
[Image: Mrr1.jpg]

Personally, I find it rather ugly... no comparison at all with the RRE.

2012 Dynamic Si4 5dr Firenze Red / Santorini Black
14-05-2012 11:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: MINI's version of Evoque styling...

BMW have taken an iconic brand & ruined it - simples. Problem is they are very clever with marketting & if they put a BMW or in this case Mini badge on a turd folk would buy one. Rolling Eyes

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-05-2012 11:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chicago_Buckeye

(14-05-2012 11:13pm)The Valeter Wrote:  BMW have taken an iconic brand & ruined it - simples. Problem is they are very clever with marketting & if they put a BMW or in this case Mini badge on a turd folk would buy one. Rolling Eyes

Laughing I agree!

Then again, they do have their moments...

I'm guilty of having been seduced by them as well, my other ride carries their badge (650i) Wink

[Image: 650i.jpg]

2012 Dynamic Si4 5dr Firenze Red / Santorini Black
14-05-2012 11:54pm
jitenc

So did my last babe....

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
15-05-2012 12:11am
Starflyer

I'm firmly HOOKED on my Evoque, but I just bought a 2nd hand '05 Mini. Any Mini people here with some blogs that are as good as the Evoque blogs? I've been googling the question, but so far am coming up with "snake eyes". So far it looks like Mini people don't blog about their ride. Shame?

The ONLY reason I bought the Mini was for an airport car. Hate to leave my Evoque where it will get acid rain from all the jets going and coming. Also to avoid door dings from the "hapless" rushing to make a flight and not giving a hoot if they ding my doors in their haste to catch the bus to the terminal, etc. And using the same logic, for those trips into the inner city where the parking stalls are about 3" wider than my Evoque.
21-05-2012 07:34am
mark_n

That tea-tray on the 650 looks awful. BMW styling is all over the place and has been for years. Sadly, Mercedes-Benz are following suite.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-05-2012 09:07am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(21-05-2012 07:34am)Starflyer Wrote:  Any Mini people here with some blogs that are as good as the Evoque blogs?

Starflyer, contact Martin our great leader, IIRC he also has a mini Forum

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-05-2012 09:39am
ED209

(14-05-2012 11:54pm)Chicago_Buckeye Wrote:  Laughing I agree!

Then again, they do have their moments...

I'm guilty of having been seduced by them as well, my other ride carries their badge (650i) Wink

[Image: 650i.jpg]

(21-05-2012 07:34am)Starflyer Wrote:  I'm firmly HOOKED on my Evoque, but I just bought a 2nd hand '05 Mini. Any Mini people here with some blogs that are as good as the Evoque blogs? I've been googling the question, but so far am coming up with "snake eyes". So far it looks like Mini people don't blog about their ride. Shame?

The ONLY reason I bought the Mini was for an airport car. Hate to leave my Evoque where it will get acid rain from all the jets going and coming. Also to avoid door dings from the "hapless" rushing to make a flight and not giving a hoot if they ding my doors in their haste to catch the bus to the terminal, etc. And using the same logic, for those trips into the inner city where the parking stalls are about 3" wider than my Evoque.

mini2.com

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-05-2012 10:09am
Starflyer

Ed209

mini2.com is just what I was looking for. My google search was allover the map, but mini2.com didn't come up or I didn't see it.

THANKS
21-05-2012 06:58pm
ED209

(21-05-2012 06:58pm)Starflyer Wrote:  Ed209

mini2.com is just what I was looking for. My google search was allover the map, but mini2.com didn't come up or I didn't see it.

THANKS

No problem, I was a user on there back in 2001 when i was one of the first in the country to take delivery of a new mini cooper. It actually turned out to be a heap of junk and was at the dealers at least a dozen times for warranty work in 18 months.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-05-2012 08:39pm