Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lookers Chelmsford
essexkev

Lookers Chelmsford

Went into the Lookers dealership in Chelmsford today to order my RRE. What a disgrace, the Sales Executive was totally disinterested and made no effort to 'sell' me the vehicle. The guy was rude and more interested in talking about the Ford range than the RRE. I had to make the conversation on the test drive and ask all the questions. I appreciate that the RRE does not need 'selling' as the car speaks for itself. I asked questions and was simply told to go and look at the models in the show room, I came back with some questions and I mistakenly thought he was looking up the information on his computer, how mistaken I was, he was looking through his e-mail inbox.

I appreciate that there is huge demand for the RRE but the dealer experience is important. I'm off to Harwoods or Guy Salmon now, further to travel but they can have my order.

Shameful service.
07-01-2012 05:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bogstomper

RE: Lookers Chelmsford

@essexkev - how very disappointing - hopefully you'll fare better elsewhere. At most of the dealerships I've been to there's a sign at the exit with the name of the Dealer Principal and an invitation to talk to them if you weren't satisfied with the service - did you tell anyone at the dealership about the experience you had?
07-01-2012 05:42pm
essexkev

It was bizarre there, it all started well with the reception and another sales guy as the person I had an appointment to see was with someone else. There was just a complete lack of interest, the only good thing was I got hold of a brochure (from which I learnt much more than the sales guy) and i got to drive the RRE - which was brilliant. Just a complete lack of interest and helpfulness has left me very disappointed. I'm going to call or write to the Dealer Principal on Monday. I'll then go and do the deal probably with Harwoods next weekend, another week to wait!
07-01-2012 07:31pm
ceebee

Lookers Chelmsford

A LR salesman told me that he avoided the Evoque buyers as he would need to wait for 5-6 months for his commission!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
07-01-2012 07:52pm
The Valeter

(07-01-2012 07:52pm)ceebee Wrote:  A LR salesman told me that he avoided the Evoque buyers as he would need to wait for 5-6 months for his commission!

He is obviously very negative & silly.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
07-01-2012 09:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

As you are near London, why not try Lookers Park Royal, forum sponsors. Not heard a negative comment about them, top quality service by all accounts.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
07-01-2012 09:11pm
doug

Try driving 30mins north down the A12. Call in to Lookers @Colchester, Ask for "Alex". He's a top guy.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
07-01-2012 09:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

LDT, I quite agree and I travel to them from Scotland to buy my Land Rovers now!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-01-2012 05:57pm