babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Lookers Chelmsford - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: Dealership Feedback (/Forum-Dealership-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Lookers Chelmsford (/Thread-Lookers-Chelmsford)

Lookers Chelmsford - essexkev - 07-01-2012 05:24pm

Went into the Lookers dealership in Chelmsford today to order my RRE. What a disgrace, the Sales Executive was totally disinterested and made no effort to 'sell' me the vehicle. The guy was rude and more interested in talking about the Ford range than the RRE. I had to make the conversation on the test drive and ask all the questions. I appreciate that the RRE does not need 'selling' as the car speaks for itself. I asked questions and was simply told to go and look at the models in the show room, I came back with some questions and I mistakenly thought he was looking up the information on his computer, how mistaken I was, he was looking through his e-mail inbox.

I appreciate that there is huge demand for the RRE but the dealer experience is important. I'm off to Harwoods or Guy Salmon now, further to travel but they can have my order.

Shameful service.

RE: Lookers Chelmsford - bogstomper - 07-01-2012 05:42pm

@essexkev - how very disappointing - hopefully you'll fare better elsewhere. At most of the dealerships I've been to there's a sign at the exit with the name of the Dealer Principal and an invitation to talk to them if you weren't satisfied with the service - did you tell anyone at the dealership about the experience you had?

RE: Lookers Chelmsford - essexkev - 07-01-2012 07:31pm

It was bizarre there, it all started well with the reception and another sales guy as the person I had an appointment to see was with someone else. There was just a complete lack of interest, the only good thing was I got hold of a brochure (from which I learnt much more than the sales guy) and i got to drive the RRE - which was brilliant. Just a complete lack of interest and helpfulness has left me very disappointed. I'm going to call or write to the Dealer Principal on Monday. I'll then go and do the deal probably with Harwoods next weekend, another week to wait!

Lookers Chelmsford - ceebee - 07-01-2012 07:52pm

A LR salesman told me that he avoided the Evoque buyers as he would need to wait for 5-6 months for his commission!

RE: Lookers Chelmsford - The Valeter - 07-01-2012 09:03pm

(07-01-2012 07:52pm)ceebee Wrote:  A LR salesman told me that he avoided the Evoque buyers as he would need to wait for 5-6 months for his commission!

He is obviously very negative & silly.

RE: Lookers Chelmsford - LDT - 07-01-2012 09:11pm

As you are near London, why not try Lookers Park Royal, forum sponsors. Not heard a negative comment about them, top quality service by all accounts.

RE: Lookers Chelmsford - doug - 07-01-2012 09:41pm

Try driving 30mins north down the A12. Call in to Lookers @Colchester, Ask for "Alex". He's a top guy.

RE: Lookers Chelmsford - XFullFatTim - 08-01-2012 05:57pm

LDT, I quite agree and I travel to them from Scotland to buy my Land Rovers now!