Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Look who's been rapped for misleading MPG claim
EVO PUNDITT

Look who's been rapped for misleading MPG claim

As per title, will it make any difference? Do they even care. Manufacturers will do anything to sell their cars.

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/ar...er20130507

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
07-05-2013 07:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Look who's been rapped for misleading MPG claim

Might stop them making unsubstantiated claims like " Most economical Land Rover Ever" when carefully driven many big engined Land Rovers are as frugal as a profligate Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 07:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-05-2013 07:54pm
Kojak

On the flip side,
I have factor in fuel economy when I buy a car and nothing under 30mpg combined would ever do.
So when considering the Evoque mainly due to the bad press on the forums regarding MPG I was concerned that it would be near the lower end of my demands.
In the end I couldn't resist and decided i'd have to live with what ever it returned and just enjoy it.

Well,
The 1st couple of fill ups showed me I could get 37 plus without too much of a problem.
The last 600 miles or so my return is now 40 plus...unfortunately I can't seem to get a flow going to break or even stick at 42mpg.
I know these figures are high and definitely in excess of what I anticipated.
Long may it continue.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
07-05-2013 09:24pm
speary

As I have said before on here, Be carefull what you wish for. If all our cars are re classified for consumption and CO2 you will find you car in a higher tax bracket, and do you really beleive that the government would lower the tax for the higher tax brackets ?. Not a chance, no way Jose
Best to use common sense where consumption is concerned and save youself some money

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-05-2013 08:14am