Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Limp mode, egr valve issue, blanking plate fix?
Nickj

Limp mode, egr valve issue, blanking plate fix?

So, 2 weeks and 2 issues with the evoque but only had one other issue in 3 years or so can’t complain too much.

Had an intermittent limp mode but kept rectifying itself over a period of weeks. Car did feel down on power when required. Then went into full limp mode one day. Called AA and they were excellent. EGR valve issue. They Couldn't access egr valve easily as were trying to un plug it, so fitted blanking plate. Car drives great now. Googled it and appears to be a common mod.

What are people’s views on blanking plates on sd4s? I’ve read cleaning the egr valve can rectify it. What have people done when experiencing this? Is the egr valve difficult to remove?
13-06-2019 08:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Limp mode, egr valve issue, blanking plate fix?

Surely if it's blanked the ECU will complain about incorrect pressure detected when the EGR opened?

Have you tried a fuel cleaner like Archoil that might get/keep it clean.

I ask as my other halfs Volvo has just had the check engine light, EGR pressure code come up, and am trying archoil to see if it will clear it first.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 376323.png]
14-06-2019 02:28pm
Nickj

RE: Limp mode, egr valve issue, blanking plate fix?

(14-06-2019 02:28pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Surely if it's blanked the ECU will complain about incorrect pressure detected when the EGR opened?

Have you tried a fuel cleaner like Archoil that might get/keep it clean.

I ask as my other halfs Volvo has just had the check engine light, EGR pressure code come up, and am trying archoil to see if it will clear it first.

From my googling some cars seem to throw a code, some don’t If blanked. Mine hasn’t. Seems a popular mod, and if you believe what you read increases mpg, performance, cleaner dpf Andy other bits.

I’ve not tried a fuel cleaner. Would a fuel cleaner clean up the egr with the blanking plate in place?

Re the Volvo, the blanking plates seem to cost 2-3£ and take 5 mins to fit so may be worth trying?
14-06-2019 08:33pm