Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lack of Information
THEMACS

RE: Lack of Information

(13-03-2012 02:23pm)ED209 Wrote:  Welcome to the world of LR customer service.

I emailed my dealer 5 days ago asking if there was any change or update to my delivery date. (seeing as people who had the same build date of 26th March are getting their cars early)

Guess what?? no reply.

And this is from a dealer who should already be well aware of my frustration at the poor communication from them

I can't believe the lack of customer relations that some of these guys have. I know we have had an Extremely long wait, but all through the process our dealer has replied to emails/phone calls within a day and tried their best to get things moving. They really have been excellent up to now. The dealer is Williams in Manchester and I believe they only have the one LR dealers but have many NW BMW Dealers. That was the main reason we used them as the service from Williams BMW Liverpool that I have recieved on my last two cars has been fantastic. Obviously no matter what brand they are selling they give as good a customer service as is possible. I would Highly recommend them to anyone.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 04:06pm by THEMACS.)
13-03-2012 02:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

ED - you have my sympathies. It must be really doing your head in when you are being treated like this. There are no excuses for it whatsoever.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
13-03-2012 03:51pm
jd563

Been to the dealer today and after being sent to see the sales manager, we found that the car had been ordered but did not have a build date until 27th April 2012 and delivery begining of May 2012, which seems strange when we had been promised and Easter delivery.
All he kept saying was it will be early than that they did not realise that the demand would be so high for the vehicle.
So when it arrives we will believe it then...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door, Fuji White, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Ebony Interior, Ebony Morzine headlining. Ordered October 2011, Delivered April 2012 Very Happy
13-03-2012 04:20pm
THEMACS

(13-03-2012 04:20pm)jd563 Wrote:  .
All he kept saying was it will be early than that they did not realise that the demand would be so high for the vehicle.
So when it arrives we will believe it then...

Where has he been for the last two years? The Moon!!!!!!!!!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-03-2012 04:37pm
WorldTraveler

(13-03-2012 04:37pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Where has he been for the last two years? The Moon!!!!!!!!!!Laughing

One thing that most people forget is that LR build the car from "bits", these bits come from various manfacture's throughout the globe, most of the delays in production are due to these suppliers not being able to meet the quantities (and sometime quality) required, to that end LR are building cars on the line with missing componenets which have to be fitted post build.

LR are running at Max capacity, however it may take some time for the other component suppliers ramp up thier production to meet LR capacity requirements.

Al in all though, I think LR themselves as well as the dealer network should make us the buying public more aware of what is going on and be more realistic about delivery, may be an idea for LR customers to sign up to a mailing list thereby making it easier for LR to publish publiclly the state of play.

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
15-03-2012 12:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is about time JLR had another shake up of dealers. It is unfortunate that the few truly awful salesmen drag the entire dealer network down. There are some very good dealerships and sales force out there, but that is no help if your order is with one of the less than good outlets.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-03-2012 03:24pm