Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS
skinrock

RE: LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS

So both sets arrived today. The retrofitlab ones fit perfectly, but unfortunately they had flickering issues Sad They would flicker while the car was off, until the battery fully shut down it seemed. And when the car was running, they would flicker even faster.

The ones from autolumination seem to function perfectly, but as you know, required the trimming. Wasn't a big deal at all, but the retrofit ones looked a tad nicer and I think were brighter. I got the 22 watt ones from autolumination, as I didn't want 80 watt, and there was nothing in between anymore.
05-05-2015 03:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

That's a pity about the Retrofitlab bulbs flickering, ..seems like you can't have anything that's 100% perfect without some issue or another. As you say though, it's no big deal to trim the tab off the side to make them fit. I've got 80W H16's fitted both front and rear and had the same on my old SI4 coupe, never had any issue with them and they passed the first MOT test no problem last September. They are not really 80W bulbs, ..yes, they have 16 x 5W Cree X-LED chips, but according to the manufacturer they only have a power draw of around 10W. I have some red H16 LED's I am going to attempt to fit in the rear fogs, ..if the rain here ever stops! I have a feeling they will require trimming also, but we'll see when I get the standard bulbs out. Smile

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
05-05-2015 10:15am
scottlw

Hi All, Just wanted to see if anybody has found a supplier in the UK of a reliable Amber bulb? As really want to change these to LED. Thanks.
07-05-2015 02:01pm
dynamicgirl

I found these on eBay Scott, 50W Amber PSY24W LED bulbs. I bought mine from a supplier in China a couple of months back and had absolutely no issues with them, but had to wait for 3 weeks for them to arrive. The ones in the EBay link are in the UK.Smile Paula

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PSY24W-50w-HIG...43dbeed4fc

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
12-05-2015 11:10am