Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS

(26-07-2013 06:35pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  It's raining here today but here are some quick pics of the headlights and foglights from yesterday. Just a FYI...if you have a LHD Evoque, do not buy RHD adaptive xenon headlights and visa versa. The pin connector are the same but you will get an error message and also the headlights won't swivel.

I am sorry but that is certainly not the case on my car as I have had to put LHD adaptives on mine as I live in Germany. They work exactly as the RHD setup. The only change I had to make was in the on board menu settings to change the auto high beam assist to tell it I know drove on the other side of the road as the camera was looking to the right to find on coming lights and not dipping properly. Quick change of setting and now it works perfectly.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
27-07-2013 08:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

They look SO cool! I'm sorry they aren't working as expected though and I wonder if there is some slight difference in the wiring between the North American and UK/European headlamp looms. I have the Topix wiring schematics and will have a look at them to see if I can spot anything obvious that may be of help. As BFG says, there is no difference between the UK/EU versions of the lights, they are simply P&P, but this may not be the case with putting EU/UK lights on an NA Evoque. Paula xx

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
27-07-2013 11:14am
LIONHEAD

(27-07-2013 08:45am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I am sorry but that is certainly not the case on my car as I have had to put LHD adaptives on mine as I live in Germany. They work exactly as the RHD setup. The only change I had to make was in the on board menu settings to change the auto high beam assist to tell it I know drove on the other side of the road as the camera was looking to the right to find on coming lights and not dipping properly. Quick change of setting and now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the info. I do remember switching the menu to RHD but the flashing "Adaptive front lighting" was still present. Will give it a try again.

(27-07-2013 11:14am)dynamicgirl Wrote:  They look SO cool! I'm sorry they aren't working as expected though and I wonder if there is some slight difference in the wiring between the North American and UK/European headlamp looms. I have the Topix wiring schematics and will have a look at them to see if I can spot anything obvious that may be of help. As BFG says, there is no difference between the UK/EU versions of the lights, they are simply P&P, but this may not be the case with putting EU/UK lights on an NA Evoque. Paula xx

Thanks Paula for the hellp. I did talk to Dan and he said he's ordering the LHD smoked headlights but won't know if they are actually smoked until they arrive at his dealership. If they are definintely smoked and LHD, we can do a direct swap. I'll just have to pay my dealer another bumper removal. Got to say Dan's the man! Great service from him.

BTW...I did temporarily plugged in my original LHD headlights last night and the flashing error light was gone so it's got to be the RHD headlights. Here's the video of the annoying flashing Adaptive front headlight warning. It's flashing even when the headlights are not in use.

[Image: th_IMG_1631_zps00499dad.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 04:45pm by LIONHEAD.)
27-07-2013 04:22pm
dynamicgirl

LIONHEAD, if I had known you had the RHD version I would easily have sent you my brand new smoked VB Edition LHD lights! I would have preferred to have RHD ones, but I am sure the European LHD adaptive lights I have will pass an MOT here in the UK, so was happy to settle for them. If you want to do a swap for the ones you already have fitted, then I would be happy to send them to you. Dan is indeed a star though, I can vouch for that!
27-07-2013 04:55pm
LIONHEAD

(27-07-2013 04:55pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  LIONHEAD, if I had known you had the RHD version I would easily have sent you my brand new smoked VB Edition LHD lights! I would have preferred to have RHD ones, but I am sure the European LHD adaptive lights I have will pass an MOT here in the UK, so was happy to settle for them. If you want to do a swap for the ones you already have fitted, then I would be happy to send them to you. Dan is indeed a star though, I can vouch for that!

Hi Paula. I'll have to wait until Monday as Dan advised he will get back to me to see if the LHD smoked headlights he ordered are indeed LHD smoked. If they aren't, we can somehow do the swap. BTW....would you know the markings or numbers on the headlight itself to show they are LHD and RHD? Just curious....

Also, I wonder if your LHD headlights will have the same error light on your RHD Evoque. You can test it out by pulling slightly your original headlight forward to get to the plug. Place your headlight in the engine bay close enough to plug it in. Turn on the headlights and if you see the same flashing light as mine, it's most likely not compatible.
27-07-2013 05:16pm
dynamicgirl

That's cool, LIONHEAD. I will await Dan letting you know the outcome. The markings on the LHD and RHD lights appear to be the same. Horizontally along the top edge of each light lens there are markings such as HCR 00, HCR --->, DCR 00, DCR ---> etc. These are identical on the RHD and LHD lights, indicating that they are suitable for right hand and left hand traffic. The part numbers are different though and I've just checked one of my LHD special edition lights. The left hand one has a sticker on it with LH EU VB ED (part number DJ3M-13W030) on it.

I will certainly give that a go tomorrow and get back to you! Going by what BFGEvoqueman has said though, he has swapped out his original RHD lights for LHD ones on his RHD car and hasn't had any issue with it, so I would anticipate that mine would be the same, given mine is the same configuration. I'm seriously hoping there isn't anything different between the standard and special edition AFS lights that would make them have an error! Will let you know my findings ASAP! Very Happy

PS I have more bubble wrap than you can shake a hairy stick at in my garage, ready and waiting to be used if need be! Laughing
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 05:52pm by dynamicgirl.)
27-07-2013 05:28pm
LIONHEAD

Laughing
(27-07-2013 05:28pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  That's fine LIONHEAD. I will await Dan letting you know the outcome. The markings on the LHD and RHD lights appear to be the same. Horizontally along the top edge of each light lens there are markings such as HCR 00, HCR --->, DCR 00, DCR ---> etc. These are identical on the RHD and LHD lights, indicating that they are suitable for right hand and left hand traffic. The part numbers are different though and my LHD special edition lights have stickers on them with HID AFS EU LH and HID AFS EU RH on them respectively.

I will certainly give that a go tomorrow and get back to you! Going by what BFGEvoqueman has said though, he has swapped out his original RHD lights for LHD ones on his RHD car and hasn't had any issue with it, so I would anticipate that mine would be the same, given mine is the same configuration. Will let you know my findings ASAP! Very Happy

PS I have more bubble wrap than you can shake a hairy stick at in my garage, ready and waiting to be used if need be! Laughing

That sounds great if you can check yours tomorrow. You would think that if the LHD headlights will work with RHD Evoques, it would be the same visa versa. I then thought possible one of my new headlights isn't working correctly and thus having the error light but then my dealer printed out the error codes and it's both headlights are having the error code and not just one headlight leading me to believe it's a compatibility issue.

Here is my LR dealer's printout showing both headlights not swiveling and not just one.

[Image: ehlerr1_zps3d4e0f8f.jpg]

BTW...I'm running low on bubble wrap. Sad Laughing
[Image: bub_zpsbc3adda5.jpg]
27-07-2013 05:46pm
dynamicgirl

Haha, loving the bubble wrap! I'm running at about the same level of 'low' as you are Laughing.

Yep, it definitely looks like it's a compatibility thing, if anything. Strange! I cannot imagine that there would be anything different with the standard AFS lights and the Special Ed. AFS units. Surely they work in exactly the same fashion, it is after all simply the tinted lens and the black insides that set them aside from the standard lights.

Will get back to you tomorrow, Buddy. Thumbs Up
27-07-2013 06:25pm
dynamicgirl

LIONHEAD, I've been having a look into the issue with your new lights and I may or may not have struck upon something. You may be able to correct me if I am wrong, but according to the following thread, the US versions of the AFS lights do not have corner assist (extra little lamps that come on at lower speeds) like the EU and UK versions have, so the ECU for the lights in your US Evoque may be detecting this difference in the lights and activating the AFS warning, as the lights may not essentially be the same.

http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-6176.html

I REALLY hope the info on the above thread is wrong, but if this is the case, then even the LHD units may not work properly for you. It may be worth mentioning to your dealer.

I also found this on the Jaguar XF forum, which is an excerpt from Topix for the facelift Jaguar XF (2012 onwards). I believe the tech used in the lights is the same as on the Evoque.

Static Bending Lamps
• NOTE: The static bending lamps are not fitted to NAS vehicles.
The static bending lamps are designed to illuminate the direction of travel when cornering at low speeds. The static
bending lamp functionality, which is controlled by the CJB and the headlamp leveling module, operates using inputs from
the steering angle sensor and vehicle speed information from the ABS (anti-lock brake system) module. The static bending
lamp is incorporated into the headlamp assembly and shares the same housing as the low beam headlamp. The design of
the lens projects a spread of light from the vehicle at approximately 45 degrees to the vehicle axis. The static bending
lamp uses a 35W Halogen H8 bulb which locates in a holder which is connected via wires to the main connector on the
headlamp housing. The holder is located in an aperture in the headlamp housing and rotated to lock. The bulb is
accessible via a removable cover at the rear of the headlamp housing.
The static bending lamps operate with a steering angle sensor CAN bus signal which is received by the CJB. The CJB
monitors this signal and vehicle speed and activates the static bending lamp bulb. When the operation parameters of the
lamp are reached, the CJB fades the static bending lamp bulb on using a PWM (pulse width modulation) voltage over a
period of approximately 2 seconds. When the lamp is switched off, the CJB fades the bulb off by decreasing the PWM
voltage in a linear manner depending on steering angle and vehicle speed. The cornering lamps can only be active for a
maximum of 3 minutes.
• NOTE: Static bending lamps only operate when the transmission is in DRIVE or in SPORT
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 10:45pm by dynamicgirl.)
27-07-2013 10:21pm
LIONHEAD

(27-07-2013 10:21pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  LIONHEAD, I've been having a look into the issue with your new lights and I may or may not have struck upon something. You may be able to correct me if I am wrong, but according to the following thread, the US versions of the AFS lights do not have corner assist (extra little lamps that come on at lower speeds) like the EU and UK versions have, so the ECU for the lights in your US Evoque may be detecting this difference in the lights and activating the AFS warning, as the lights may not essentially be the same.

http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-6176.html

I REALLY hope the info on the above thread is wrong, but if this is the case, then even the LHD units may not work properly for you. It may be worth mentioning to your dealer.

I also found this on the Jaguar XF forum, which is an excerpt from Topix for the facelift Jaguar XF (2012 onwards). I believe the tech used in the lights is the same as on the Evoque.

Static Bending Lamps
• NOTE: The static bending lamps are not fitted to NAS vehicles.
The static bending lamps are designed to illuminate the direction of travel when cornering at low speeds. The static
bending lamp functionality, which is controlled by the CJB and the headlamp leveling module, operates using inputs from
the steering angle sensor and vehicle speed information from the ABS (anti-lock brake system) module. The static bending
lamp is incorporated into the headlamp assembly and shares the same housing as the low beam headlamp. The design of
the lens projects a spread of light from the vehicle at approximately 45 degrees to the vehicle axis. The static bending
lamp uses a 35W Halogen H8 bulb which locates in a holder which is connected via wires to the main connector on the
headlamp housing. The holder is located in an aperture in the headlamp housing and rotated to lock. The bulb is
accessible via a removable cover at the rear of the headlamp housing.
The static bending lamps operate with a steering angle sensor CAN bus signal which is received by the CJB. The CJB
monitors this signal and vehicle speed and activates the static bending lamp bulb. When the operation parameters of the
lamp are reached, the CJB fades the static bending lamp bulb on using a PWM (pulse width modulation) voltage over a
period of approximately 2 seconds. When the lamp is switched off, the CJB fades the bulb off by decreasing the PWM
voltage in a linear manner depending on steering angle and vehicle speed. The cornering lamps can only be active for a
maximum of 3 minutes.
• NOTE: Static bending lamps only operate when the transmission is in DRIVE or in SPORT

You are definitely smarter than the average bear! lol I'm pretty sure we don't have that extra lamp that turn on during cornering in the US. I know they swivel by just turning the wheel left and right during slow speeds. I know what you mean though as I have it on my Jaguar XKR and it's very noticeable when I'm turning slowly left or right, an additional lamp turns on which looks like a H8 type halogen bulb. I don't remember seeing that on my Evoque. That might be what's triggering the warning light on the dash.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 11:40pm by LIONHEAD.)
27-07-2013 11:36pm