Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS
dynamicgirl

RE: LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS

Hi Skinrock, none of those bulbs on your link will fit, even with modification as turn signal bulbs as they do not have 2 prongs in the bottom of them, which is necessary. As Phil says, you need PSY24W bulbs, but that is what the fitment is called for incandescent bulbs. The LED version is PSX24W or H16 and even these require a slight modification, which can easily be done with the aid of a scalpel. I will take some pics for you later on, of exactly what is required and also a link to where I bought the LED turn signal bulbs from, for my new car.

Regards,

Paula Smile

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
22-04-2015 06:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skinrock

(22-04-2015 04:35pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Skinrock, These look to be a direct replacement based on the Info and part numbers "PSY24W" from Dynamic Girl earlier in this thread.

Take yours out and see if they have that number on them

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/PSY24W-...v-24w.html

once you have the part number you can search for LED replacements

https://www.retrofitlab.com/en/psy24w-led-1.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-50W-PSY24W...25a34d4df6

Phil

Ah, for some reason I couldn't find any specifically with the Y designation. I had already ordered the ones from autolumination, so I will see when I get them Smile If not, I will try retrofitlab...they look a little nicer anyways.

(22-04-2015 06:19pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Hi Skinrock, none of those bulbs on your link will fit, even with modification as turn signal bulbs as they do not have 2 prongs in the bottom of them, which is necessary. As Phil says, you need PSY24W bulbs, but that is what the fitment is called for incandescent bulbs. The LED version is PSX24W or H16 and even these require a slight modification, which can easily be done with the aid of a scalpel. I will take some pics for you later on, of exactly what is required and also a link to where I bought the LED turn signal bulbs from, for my new car.

Regards,

Paula Smile

Bah...why is it never simple!

I thought the designations were the same for incandescent and LED. The autolumination site lists all of them as one: "H16 H16W 9009 PWY24W PSX24W PSY24W". I based that off what LIONHEAD said.

So the "PSY24W" from retrofitlab isn't the right one, either?
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 06:58pm by skinrock.)
22-04-2015 06:20pm
dynamicgirl

(22-04-2015 06:20pm)skinrock Wrote:  Ah, for some reason I couldn't find any specifically with the Y designation. I had already ordered the ones from autolumination, so I will see when I get them Smile If not, I will try retrofitlab...they look a little nicer anyways.

Bah...why is it never simple!

I thought the designations were the same for incandescent and LED. The autolumination site lists all of them as one: "H16 H16W 9009 PWY24W PSX24W PSY24W". I based that off what LIONHEAD said.

So the "PSY24W" from retrofitlab isn't the right one, either?

Hi there, sorry I didn't see those Amber ones from Retrofitlab. They are the ones you need and as they are PSY24W, they shouldn't need any modding. Smile If for some reason they don't fit 100%, then I'll show you what needs doing, but I'm sure it won't be necessary. For that price, they had better be good, lol! Very Happy

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
22-04-2015 07:24pm
skinrock

I see what it looks like now...one notch on each side, one thicker than the other. The pics from retrofit lab definitely look right, whereas autolumination shows the two. Really wish they wouldn't advertise them as interchangeable when they aren't.

I think I will just order from retrofit and return the others when I get them.
24-04-2015 03:46am
skinrock

Ordered some 5k Philips XV D3S to go with everything Very Happy
24-04-2015 06:57pm
dynamicgirl

The Philips X-Treme Visions are a perfect choice! I noticed instantly how much whiter they were, but it is pretty subtle at first. After they have a few hours on them, they get even whiter and the clarity of vision they offer on roads at night is impressive. I have small hands, so didn't find it a problem to swap the bulbs over, but you should be able to get enough access just by pulling on the lever behind each light and pulling the lamp unit forward a little. Then you can disconnect the power loom plug to cut all power going to the lights and then I found that pushing the light back in again gave better access to the plug. The turn signal bulbs are a little trickier to swap than the Xenons, lol. It's getting the leverage to grip both clips top and bottom, thus releasing the bulb that's the issue, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Smile Paula.

25-04-2015 05:38pm
skinrock

Yea I took a look at the assembly area a couple days ago, I will try doing what you suggested. I'll use the rear lamps to get a good idea of how those clips work.

I actually tried ordering the 6000K Ultinon, but they rejected it due to bad reviews about the color of the bulbs. After doing some research, the XV sound like they will fit my needs. I heard about the break-in period, so I'll probably run them during the day to get some time on them Smile
25-04-2015 06:51pm
skinrock

Got the replacement reverse bulbs in, I ended up ordering those from autolumination as well, http://www.autolumination.com/906.htm

Funny thing is, I actually ordered the 5 watt (projector only), and they sent me the 12 watt (project + 3 side panels). They do fit, and they are nice and bright! The color is fantastic, a crystal white. They are polarized, though, and due to the triangle placement of the side panels, one is /_\ and the other is \-/ if that makes sense. In any case, you can't even tell once they are on.
25-04-2015 10:19pm
dynamicgirl

Sounds cool! As you say, you can't tell when they are on that they are sitting opposite ways up in the lights. The main thing is that they are nice and white and you'll find when reversing at night that they provide quite a lot of illumination, which the standard bulbs did not. Mine are 7W (6K colour temp with 288LM) with the Cree projector and 5 panels, each with 3 SMD's. Like yours, they are polarised also and they probably sit opposite ways up, to each other except mine are pentagonal, not triangular..but I never noticed that, lol. Very Happy

26-04-2015 11:16am
skinrock

Got the DS3 bulbs today, was able to swap them without removing the headlight at all. Driver's side was tricky no doubt, but patience and contorted wrists get the job done.
28-04-2015 03:47am