Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS
LIONHEAD

LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS

I've been looking for the error free LED turn signal bulbs for the PS24WSV type per our owner's manual and couldn't find any. So I went ahead and bought some error free PSX24W LED turn signal bulbs and they worked without any error message on the dash (so far). They are brighter and darker orange than the OEM bulbs. Only thing I had to do was remove the 3 tabs (marked in red) using a dremmel to make it fit. If they don't push all the way down...turn the bulb around and it should fit flush. I'll be buying 2 more for the front turn signals. The front headlights seems alittle mroe difficult to remove per powerfuluk's vid. I'll continue to monitor any bulb out messages but so far so good.

Here's the vid: http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/ranger...5.mp4.html

[Image: b_zps8584999f.jpg]

[Image: a_zps567534ec.jpg]
12-06-2013 08:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

RE: LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS

A very nice find! As you say, they do look much brighter than the OEM bulbs. I will definitely be investing in some of these myself. Thanks very much for posting the video. Thumbs Up Paula xx
12-06-2013 08:10pm
Chrisr1806

I wonder if these could go in FL2 lights?

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
12-06-2013 08:16pm
dynamicgirl

(12-06-2013 08:16pm)Chrisr1806 Wrote:  I wonder if these could go in FL2 lights?

I think it's the PY21W (offset pin) bulbs that the FL2 uses, Chris (front and rear). There are a few LED versions on Ebay, though they would need to be Canbus compatible (error free) ones, of which there are a few. I would go for the ones sold by a company called Mylitco. I've had LED products from them before and they are excellent quality. Smile Paula xx
12-06-2013 08:25pm
Chrisr1806

Thanks for that Paula. Smile

I might look into this one day, but I don't have a lot of knowledge at the mo. I'm going to learn how to clean the car properly first, followed by using clay etc. I'm completely useless! Embarrassed

Enjoy Freel2. It would be great to see some pics aswell. Wink

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
12-06-2013 08:43pm
LIONHEAD

Just got the front LED bulbs in. The headlights were alittle more challenging. I didn't remove the entire headlight...just partially and you can get access to the bulb. There is a plunger behind the headlight that you need to lift up before moving it forward. Look at powerfuluk's youtube video on how to remove the headlight as it was very useful...but again I only removed it partially.

Can't really tell in the video but it's brighter and darker amber than OEM. Again...no error code or bulb out in the dash. I bought some error free LED turn signal bulbs for my jag from the same store and bulb out right away on the dash.

http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/ranger...c.mp4.html
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 11:31pm by LIONHEAD.)
14-06-2013 10:53pm
Rein

Nice find! The instant on/off of the LEDs give it a more modern look!
I thought the "SV" in the type number stood for silver vision. Because they aren't fully orange but silvery. At least the bulbs in my MINI had the same type indicator SV.

Can I ask where you got them ? eBay? If so, can you provide a link?

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
15-06-2013 09:42am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

(15-06-2013 09:42am)Rein Wrote:  Nice find! The instant on/off of the LEDs give it a more modern look!
I thought the "SV" in the type number stood for silver vision. Because they aren't fully orange but silvery. At least the bulbs in my MINI had the same type indicator SV.

Can I ask where you got them ? eBay? If so, can you provide a link?

I have ordered 2 sets of these ones from Ebay, the same fitment as LIONHEAD has (PSX24W) and Canbus compatible. They have a sale on at the moment, the other day when I checked out the price they were $34.99 a pair, but this morning when I went to make the purchase they are on sale at $27.99 (£17.85). It cost me £53.88 altogether. The sale will only be on for another 2 days, so might be worth snapping them up. I tried to find cheaper elsewhere, but there are no stockists in Europe that I could see. I also got a 10% promotion code for any further purchases I make from them. Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130556749777?s...1438.l2649
15-06-2013 10:54am
LIONHEAD

(15-06-2013 10:54am)dynamicgirl Wrote:  I have ordered 2 sets of these ones from Ebay, the same fitment as LIONHEAD has (PSX24W) and Canbus compatible. They have a sale on at the moment, the other day when I checked out the price they were $34.99 a pair, but this morning when I went to make the purchase they are on sale at $27.99 (£17.85). It cost me £53.88 altogether. The sale will only be on for another 2 days, so might be worth snapping them up. I tried to find cheaper elsewhere, but there are no stockists in Europe that I could see. I also got a 10% promotion code for any further purchases I make from them. Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130556749777?s...1438.l2649

That's the place I ordered from. I just ordered some brighter LED projector bulbs but aren't Canbus just to try out. They are similar LED projector bulbs that are in my reverse light. I've had the LED projector reverse bulbs (that aren't canbus) for over a year now with no problems or error code. I started from left to right with the right (projector) being the brightest for the reverse.
[Image: rleda.jpg]
[Image: r4-Copy.jpg]
[Image: r6-Copy.jpg]
We'll report back if they work.
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 06:52pm by LIONHEAD.)
15-06-2013 06:47pm
dynamicgirl

I've seen some amber projector LED's on Ebay too, so will eagerly await your results, though I really like how your current LED turn signal bulbs look and will be happy with those in mine. The Cree projector LED's I saw are cheaper too, so would be good for other members if they did work for you, despite not being Canbus Compatible. I also saw some more expensive Cree projector bulbs with 50W capacity that have 3 optical lenses ($80/£51 for a pair), ..guess those would be visible from Space when the indicators are on!!! Please tell me you ordered those bad boys Laughing

As you said, your non Canbus reverse bulbs (I bought the same Cree T15's)) have been going strong for ages now. I don't see any reason why the bulbs you have ordered shouldn't work in the same way. Great work as always, LIONHEAD! Smile
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 08:10pm by dynamicgirl.)
15-06-2013 07:54pm