Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED Headlight Bulbs?
imthebest20

LED Headlight Bulbs?

Anyone tried these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AFTERPARTZ-Gener...s=hb3+led#

Looks like a decent alternative to those HID kit's which are illegal and usually a paint in the ass to wire/hide in the engine bay.

I've always been really disappointed with the Evoque lights, especially since seeing my brothers Abarth 500 and Dad's new MX5 with Xenons (wow it's like daylight). Apparently one of my bulbs blew and the Pure Tech models don't have a dead bulb indicator like a Vauxhall Corsa would have so I was doing a bit of googling to see what other bulbs/options where out there and came across these LED/Hybrid type things which is supposedly inbetween your standard halogen bulbs and xenons.
02-02-2016 03:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: LED Headlight Bulbs?

Do these carry the E mark or they for off-road use only?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
02-02-2016 05:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Steve,i think the technical term is "for display/exhibition use only!" Last spring I had complete new LED headlamp units fitted to my Defender. They are CE marked and made in the EU. The reason they were suggested by the garage was that the wiring in my 90 is getting fragile with age and I was continually blowing the offside dipped lamp which in Defender is a real pain to get at to replace. The LEDunits are literally and figuratively brilliant! Problem is that even though they are properly adjusted I can see them reflecting off roadsigns even in the day time and regualrly people flash me in the day too (not sure if that is because the lights are so bright that they dazzle in the daylight or because the other driver thinks that I have left my lights on by accident, but they run as DRL's as well as driving lights). Anyway I've gone from the rediculous of having pathetic headlights at night to having lights that could probably light up a football stadium quite well and have fantastic range as driving lights on full beam. Well worth the £400 I paid for the pair.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 06:52pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-02-2016 06:51pm
Steve D

(02-02-2016 05:01pm)Steve D Wrote:  Do these carry the E mark or they for off-road use only?

Well, I asked the seller and got this reply this morning from Amazon:

You asked, "Are these road legal"
We sent your question about AFTERPARTZ 2*5th Generation... to other customers who bought the product and sellers of the product, and unfortunately none of them have yet responded.

I suppose the lack of reply was my answer! Rolling Eyes

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
03-02-2016 07:16pm
bee

best change your evo to one with xenons, I did.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
03-02-2016 09:17pm
Steve D

I have the same model as yours. Did they make a Dynamic Lux without xenons then?
(I didn't bother listing my pano roof, blind spot, xenons, tread plates, surround cams, dual screen etc in my signature as that is all pretty standard stuff in the Lux pack). Very Happy

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 07:56am by Steve D.)
04-02-2016 07:47am
jcarrot

(02-02-2016 03:39pm)imthebest20 Wrote:  Anyone tried these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AFTERPARTZ-Gener...s=hb3+led#

Looks like a decent alternative to those HID kit's which are illegal and usually a paint in the ass to wire/hide in the engine bay.

I've always been really disappointed with the Evoque lights, especially since seeing my brothers Abarth 500 and Dad's new MX5 with Xenons (wow it's like daylight). Apparently one of my bulbs blew and the Pure Tech models don't have a dead bulb indicator like a Vauxhall Corsa would have so I was doing a bit of googling to see what other bulbs/options where out there and came across these LED/Hybrid type things which is supposedly inbetween your standard halogen bulbs and xenons.

I changed to the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited and am really pleased with the results.
Duckworths Boston changed them for me in 15 minutes.
04-02-2016 10:30am
bee

(04-02-2016 07:47am)Steve D Wrote:  I have the same model as yours. Did they make a Dynamic Lux without xenons then?
(I didn't bother listing my pano roof, blind spot, xenons, tread plates, surround cams, dual screen etc in my signature as that is all pretty standard stuff in the Lux pack). Very Happy

no they are fully specked.Thumbs Up

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
04-02-2016 10:47am
imthebest20

Mine is December 13 Pure Tech with standard halogens , they suck.

I'd love to swap them out for the xenons but based on other threads it appears to be a 50/50 chance of them plugging in and working.
04-02-2016 02:32pm
bee

(04-02-2016 02:32pm)imthebest20 Wrote:  Mine is December 13 Pure Tech with standard halogens , they suck.

I'd love to swap them out for the xenons but based on other threads it appears to be a 50/50 chance of them plugging in and working.

i agree, mine was a pure. i looked at all options of changeing to xenons but gave up cause theres no easy option.Sad

04-02-2016 02:50pm