Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kent Police - Operation Castle
Evo-king

Kent Police - Operation Castle

Just reported on Breakfast TV.

Operation Castle is a three month operation targeting vehicle thieves.

Apparently a number of Land Rover models have been stolen in the county.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-02-2013 09:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Kent Police - Operation Castle

Just seen on the BBC local news that Kent Police have been sending out warning letters to Landrover owners. I suspect Defender, Discovery & Sport predominantly. Evil

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
06-02-2013 09:58am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EVO PUNDITT

Huge demand abroad, criminals are taking advantage of stolen to order Evil

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
06-02-2013 10:26am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I suffered a break in at my house 2 years ago, thieves took nothing and the suspicion was they were looking to the keys to my FFRR that was parked outside on the drive. The keys weren't there, they never are when I am away. Also my neighbours are mostly elderly and some are noctural - the lady next door watched somebody come for a return visit and phoned the police at 0330! The caught a couple of eastern Europeans in a white van that exactly matched the description and number plate she passed on to them. In her working days she worked for the police!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-02-2013 12:26pm
THEMACS

(06-02-2013 12:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I suffered a break in at my house 2 years ago, thieves took nothing and the suspicion was they were looking to the keys to my FFRR that was parked outside on the drive. The keys weren't there, they never are when I am away. Also my neighbours are mostly elderly and some are noctural - the lady next door watched somebody come for a return visit and phoned the police at 0330! The caught a couple of eastern Europeans in a white van that exactly matched the description and number plate she passed on to them. In her working days she worked for the police!

This will only get worse from 1 January 2014 (See Article regarding Germany on the Dailymail website)

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 02:31pm by THEMACS.)
06-02-2013 02:30pm
J77

Day or night I keep the keys upstairs, there is to many cases where keys are taken of the kitchen worktop.

Its a growing concern especially amongst defender owners, who have been the target of thieves.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
06-02-2013 04:12pm
scalle

My car is always closed in the garage, keys in the house but downstairs,
i'd rather have my car stolen than someone next to my bed.
If he is closed and in the garage the insurance will cover it!
I live 10 minutes from the french border and in our region there is a immense
amount of homejackings, specially for Audi's RS.
Here people are actually selling there Audi's because they are afraid!

Can't they work like normal people to buy a car?

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
06-02-2013 06:15pm
Trapdoor

Got a Tracker Locate in my X3, getting one in my Evoque.

Whilst its almost impossible these days to stop one of the determined scrotes getting your car, once its gone, I want the chance to get it back, especially as these days, the insurance companies are trying every trick in the book to avoid paying out for theft.

I know someone who had their BMW stolen from their drive, believed to be due to the key cloning 'bug' ... Even though he still had both keys and could prove this to the ins. Company, and that the Police knew about this issue with certain models of BMW, they still reckoned he left his car open and/or left a key available. He didn't have a tracker.

Think they paid out some money after he threatened them with court, and was going to provide an expert witness.....

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
06-02-2013 07:04pm
Kentboy

(06-02-2013 04:12pm)J77 Wrote:  Day or night I keep the keys upstairs, there is to many cases where keys are taken of the kitchen worktop.

Its a growing concern especially amongst defender owners, who have been the target of thieves.

Would you rather they took your car and left you to sleep or came upstairs looking for the keys. Having had a 3am visit for my RRSport keys I know I would rather they took the car and left my family safe. In my case they opened what I thought to be secure Anglian double glazed French doors by breaking the euro lock, took the keys and car and closed the door on the way out. Didn't touch another thing despite us being 5000 mile away at the time. The police said though that they probably thought we were asleep upstairs as it would have made no difference. I live in Kent! The car was found in Barking parked and waiting to see if the Tracker led police to it which it did. Having said that I would not put a Tracker on any other car as my RRS was two months under three year old with a GAP insurance that would have paid out had it not been found. The car had only done 10000 mile at the time and was in pristine condition though it was never the same when returned. Had a little panic at the time as we had bought a lifetime Tracker when new from Guy Salmon Mayfair but Guy Salmon it seemed never paid Tracker my subscription so Tracker wouldn't turn the Tracker on until I could get paperwork proof that I had paid Guy Salmon the subscription. Panic as the insurance was based on having a paid up Tracker subscription so it was looking like I could have lost the car which wasn't insured!!!!!!!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
07-02-2013 10:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have also recently found that tracker subscriptions do not transfer to the next owner - I traded in the FFRR with a lifetime subscription paid - the new owner wanted to keep it up but has to pay a 2nd lifetime fee - it isn't a requirement of insurance where I live but as I buy and sell my cars in London mostly where it is a requirement on high value cars then I have one fitted. My FFRR had one as a condition of the dealer's insurance as it had been a demo car, I elected not to have it enabled but after the midnight visit it only took a phone call to the tracker company to get it re-enabled and tracked.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-02-2013 06:01am