Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Its On The Way!!
THEMACS

RE: Its On The Way!!

(13-03-2012 10:13pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I think Ed 209 and I will, and now you have members ordering in Jan and collecting in April, thanks Land RoverEvil

I noticed that to, thought it must have been Jan 2011Laughing

That is ridiculous, I can only think certain dealers must have unfilled build slots, I am not convinced that the UK demand is as high as it was and dealers may have some spare slots. I don't think the second hand dealer stock is moving much either!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 10:21pm by THEMACS.)
13-03-2012 10:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vern

THEMACS I know exactly how you are feeling now. Picking mine up on Friday, arrived at dealer yesterday so pretty confident it will happen.

I feel for those overseas over the next few weeks when theirs could arrive. Mine was due in 2 weeks whilst I am in Germany. Fortunately came forward by 2 weeks over the last month. Now canceled the flights and booked the Eurotunnel. Hope there are no teething problems.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
13-03-2012 11:20pm
THEMACS

(13-03-2012 11:20pm)Vern Wrote:  THEMACS I know exactly how you are feeling now. Picking mine up on Friday, arrived at dealer yesterday so pretty confident it will happen.

I feel for those overseas over the next few weeks when theirs could arrive. Mine was due in 2 weeks whilst I am in Germany. Fortunately came forward by 2 weeks over the last month. Now canceled the flights and booked the Eurotunnel. Hope there are no teething problems.

Good stuff Vern, when did it get built and when was it due to get built?

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-03-2012 11:22pm
Vern

Was built over the weekend 3rd-4th.

Had an original build date of 19th and delivery 26th, when in Germany.
2 weeks later build date of 9th with hopefully delivery 21st.
1 week later advise build date had moved to the 5th.

When I talked to the sales guy on 5th to see if it actually was in build I was informed it was complete and in the Pound at Halewood. Pity it took a week to get it on a transporter.

So collection on the 16th March exactly 6 months after my order and deposit paid on 16th September. Exactly the expected delivery date on my receipt. Good planning control LR.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
13-03-2012 11:35pm
THEMACS

(13-03-2012 11:35pm)Vern Wrote:  Was built over the weekend 3rd-4th.

Had an original build date of 19th and delivery 26th, when in Germany.
2 weeks later build date of 9th with hopefully delivery 21st.
1 week later advise build date had moved to the 5th.

When I talked to the sales guy on 5th to see if it actually was in build I was informed it was complete and in the Pound at Halewood. Pity it took a week to get it on a transporter.

So collection on the 16th March exactly 6 months after my order and deposit paid on 16th September. Exactly the expected delivery date on my receipt. Good planning control LR.

Ours went to build on either the 8 or 9 and sounds like it completed over the weekend. The dealer is trying their best to get it transported this week in time for Saturday, might be a bit tight! Although he thinks it might turn up tomorrow, lets hope so, he said as long as they get it by Friday we will have it for Saturday

13-03-2012 11:48pm
Vern

My dealer tried to phone a friend at LR despatch and got worst than nowhere. Looks like they have got a lot to ship at the moment. Sound like they are under pressure trying to ship the increase in vehicles going through now.

The dealer also indicated that LR are trying to satisfy as many UK orders as possible to get 12 plated cars on the road.

Hope you get it by the end of the week. With a build 8th-9th you have a good chance but agree its going to be tight. Dealer should have a good idea as deliveries look to be on certain days of the week to particular dealers, or at least that was the indication I got.

(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 12:07am by Vern.)
14-03-2012 12:06am