Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's here
Tosh

It's here

Collected last night - it had 3.7 miles on it. Half a tank and a bunch of flowers. Was told they have sold 45,000 worldwide and if I ordered today I'd likely have to wait til September

Driving it it feels big (from a Merc C class) and wife took one look at the outside and said "it's smaller than I thought". So we have an Ipanema Sand tardis. First impressions.... WHERE DO YOU STORE THINGS?? I've half a mind to pull the spare out and put a can of tyre-weld and a compressor in there hold as there's no room for as much as a can of de-icer.

Closed the pano roof blind and the car felt small and dark inside (with the privacy glass) so am loving the pano. The inside is lovely: although the Spirit is ace the "cream" component of the combination is very white/light and hopefully is washable (6 year old son...). And why oh why are the overmats a lighter colour than the undercarpets. I'll be replacing those with some black cocomats

[Image: hsp4sz.jpg]

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 08:44am by Tosh.)
07-03-2012 08:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ismin

RE: It's here

Congrats. Looks really nice. Privacy glass looks good, wish I had ordered this.
Enjoy driving it
07-03-2012 08:50am
MartinP

Congratulations Tosh, that looks really nice. Love to see some pics of the spirit interior when you get a mo.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
07-03-2012 09:47am
Westy

Congratulations, car looks great,

I agree about the storage, grrrrrr!!!

You have teased us with the interior

Like the colour combination with the black rood contrast, I too cannot believe what a difference the pan roof makes.

Enjoy, shame the weather is not better for your first day.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
07-03-2012 10:14am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Congratulations on the new arrival.
Are you sure it isn't an Indus car that you have been given? You say it's Ipanema in the first post but in that light it looks very silver not willowy yellow, or should I have my 54 year old eyes retested?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 10:25am by XFullFatTim.)
07-03-2012 10:24am
RacingSnake

(07-03-2012 10:24am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Are you sure it isn't an Indus car that you have been given?
My thoughts too, probably just a trick of the light, but it does look rather silvery.

Nevertheless looks good though and chuck up som emore pictures Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-03-2012 10:32am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

Congrats Tosh looks great although like others must say it looks silver in that light!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
07-03-2012 10:41am
SiT

Congrats Tosh, colour suits the shape of the car perfectly, hope your enjoying it. I pick mine up tomorrow..!!!
07-03-2012 12:13pm
SINGHY

Really like that Tosh, looks great. Enjoy! I'm getting mine in a few weeks can't wait.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
07-03-2012 12:20pm
ami_evo

Totally looks like Indus Silver in that photo. Congratulations on a very beautiful car! Care to post some more pictures of it ? I can't get enough of Ipanema Sand Very Happy
07-03-2012 12:55pm