Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's All Coming Together!
NightFox

RE: It's All Coming Together!

All sorted for collection tomorrow morning, just got to hope my X-Type buyer is good for his word and pays his money into my bank account today...

I also asked my dealer about driveaway insurance so I don't need to rush to get the insurance sorted, and he confirmed they provide this free for 7 days. Whenever I've used this before, it's been provided through Norwich Union/Aviva and it seems to have been offered on a dealer-by-dealer basis, with some dealers offering it and others not. However, this time I got an email through from LR Insurance confirming my 7 day cover, so it looks like this might be a standard thing now that should be available through any LR dealer.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
19-11-2012 10:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Samson

(19-11-2012 10:55am)NightFox Wrote:  All sorted for collection tomorrow morning, just got to hope my X-Type buyer is good for his word and pays his money into my bank account today...

I also asked my dealer about driveaway insurance so I don't need to rush to get the insurance sorted, and he confirmed they provide this free for 7 days. Whenever I've used this before, it's been provided through Norwich Union/Aviva and it seems to have been offered on a dealer-by-dealer basis, with some dealers offering it and others not. However, this time I got an email through from LR Insurance confirming my 7 day cover, so it looks like this might be a standard thing now that should be available through any LR dealer.

Good luck for tomorrow! I collected mine today. Sold my XF yesterday and was paid yesterday as well. All went smoothly. LPR are great - full tank of petrol plus some nice goodies for the wife!

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
21-11-2012 05:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Nice of them to give you a full tank of petrol for your SD4.................................. Laughing
Hope you enjoyed the drive home in it and it didn't stop with a misfuelling problem!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 05:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-11-2012 05:12pm
Samson

(21-11-2012 05:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Nice of them to give you a full tank of petrol for your SD4.................................. Laughing
Hope you enjoyed the drive home in it and it didn't stop with a misfuelling problem!

Despite having driven diesels for the last 10 years, still have the habit of saying petrol! Embarrassed

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
21-11-2012 05:16pm
NightFox

Quick update... collected the car yesterday and all went well, everything just took a bit longer than expected.

Had a 100 mile drive back to get used to it on the M62 across the Pennines, just a shame the weather was so awful, nothing but grey skies and rain. Still, Wakefield to Shropshire via Chester and the trip computer shows 42.3mpg, and that's after the SatNav decided to take me crawling through the middle of Wakefield instead of just putting me straight on the M1, adding another 40 mins to my journey. I can see me falling out with it in the future, I'd forgotten about my RRS SatNav's fondness for routing me through busy town centres for no apparent reason.

Not really had much time play yet, but so far very happy, makes me realize how much I missed 'slumming it' in the old X-type for 10 months after getting rid of my Sport. However, one thing I've learnt already that I hadn't picked up reading these forums over the last few months is that the system plays DVDs - I knew it would play video on a USB stick but didn't know about the DVD functionality. Though I guess it's of limited use due to cutting the video when the vehicle is moving or with the ignition off.

Also glad I chose the colour in the end, though the dull weather doesn't do it justice. My eldest daughter (11) said it looks like an SPV (see how retro my kids are!), so I think that name will probably stick.

Very Happy

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror

21-11-2012 05:51pm
XFullFatTim

Have you checked the satnav settings?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-11-2012 12:10am
NightFox

(22-11-2012 12:10am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Have you checked the satnav settings?

No, not yet, so I know it might be the routing preferences, but I do know that as much as I played with my settings on my MY10 RRS I could never get it to stop routing me through town centre rush hour traffic for the fun of it.

22-11-2012 10:37am
XFullFatTim

The other thing to do in the settings is to activate the route function that allows it to learn routes, so you calculate a route and then if you deviate from it in the monitoring mode , the next time you drive the route it will take that route you used. It works as I have a route into Glasgow where I can follow the Nav route that takes the shortest/ quickest route but it is uphill and down dale through 2 small villages but if I take the 7 miles longer route it is faster, flatter and no villages to go through so the car stays in 6th gear most of the route. Nowe if I take a route into unknown parts of the north and west of Glasgow the nav avoids to the villages every time! I don't remember RRS's Nav having that function (although my last one was a 2007MY not a post 2010 facelift car)

(This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 11:42am by XFullFatTim.)
22-11-2012 11:41am
NightFox

That's interesting, thanks Tim.

My only concern would be that on my regular jaunt from Shropshire down to Reading, with the TomTom I've been using for the past few months it would often take me cross-country for the last 50 miles or so if the traffic on the motorways was particularly bad.

I'm guessing/hoping that the TMS on the Evoque system would also do the same, but then would it 'learn' this route and start taking me on it even when the motorways were clear? i.e. does it 'know' to ignore what I'm doing when I'm following an alternative route due to traffic congestion, rather than just going my own way because I know better?

22-11-2012 01:45pm
buzben67

congrats Nightfox. My build date is tomorrow so getting excited now! I am getting it from Guy Salmon Wakefield so was interested to know how your handover experience went?

Pure TD4 Fuji White / Fogs / Privacy Glass / LED Sig Lights / Spare Wheel / Mats n flaps / ordered 1st Aug
22-11-2012 06:35pm