Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this normal? An EPB issue?
Evoquer

Is this normal? An EPB issue?

I enjoy every moment with my Evoque for over two weeks now but I have one issue.

1. Start Engine
2. Slowly move forward
3. After about 100 yards, my foot can feel clearly something is scraping under the gas pedal. I also hear rattling noises for brief moment -- girick!! girick!!

My dealer said it's the Electric Parking Brake being released so I feel better but I wonder if this is noticeable to other people or mine is doing too much.

How about yours?

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
04-07-2012 05:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: Is this normal? An EPB issue?

I sometimes hear like a small click when I drive off.

There is something of a suspension click topic here:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-RR-Evoque...suspension

That might be it.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 12:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-07-2012 06:22am
andrey1302

I have it sometimes, but not always, to be honest haven't given it much thought.

But from my experience EPB releases differently as I normally use it when standing on a traffic light, and when I drive off, nothing of that sort happens.

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 12:34pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-07-2012 08:33am
PhilSkill

The EPB should act instantly as you pull away, not after 100 Yards. Try releasing the Handbrake manually before you pull off, then any noise wont be down to that, I generally do this as a matter of course unless pulling away up-hill, saves any unnecessary stress on the brakes, and keeps me in the habit of using the handbrake on older cars too.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-07-2012 09:25am
ant

EPB releases immediately on moving off, otherwise you wouldn't move. Doors locking perhaps??
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
04-07-2012 10:22am
andrey1302

(04-07-2012 10:22am)ant Wrote:  EPB releases immediately on moving off, otherwise you wouldn't move. Doors locking perhaps??
ANT

its something that you feel coming from a gas pedal... I noticed that this mainly happens when I started the car in about 10-15 meters going on a slight downhill and accelerating....

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
04-07-2012 02:41pm
Barneyridge

Does sound right to me from my experience. I have never had that with mine. I would get the dealer to check it again

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
05-07-2012 03:34am
Bowl

Could it be the GAC trying to control your descent? It's NOT HDC, this system prevents your car from plunging downhill upon foot brake release - although it's worth noting that the sound your car makes is somewhat similar to the sound of HDC working.

Owner's Handbook, page 97

"AUTOMATIC SYSTEMS

Gradient Acceleration Control (GAC) and Hill Start Assist are not active while HDC is operating.

GAC will limit vehicle acceleration on steep descents, allowing the driver to feel more in control of the vehicle."

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 12:05pm by Bowl.)
05-07-2012 12:01pm
Evo-king

Not had that problem, but on a number of occasions when starting up the car and selecting reverse, EPB just does not release so have to do it manually.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-07-2012 10:40pm
Bowl

(05-07-2012 10:40pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Not had that problem, but on a number of occasions when starting up the car and selecting reverse, EPB just does not release so have to do it manually.

Driver's door closed? EPB won't release if the driver's door is not completely closed.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
06-07-2012 05:26am