Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Land Rover taking the mickey or what?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have just learned that my car that was ordered in September 2013 for November 2013 delivery has now been delayed further from it's March 12 build date to March 19th build - looks like at this rate I will not be seeing my new car until April - 7 months from order date for a car that has been in production for almost 3 years - COME ON LAND ROVER what are you up to? This is the first car that I have ordered that is going to be a disappointment when I get it, it is depressing me being told it has been delayed again and again - I waited 2 years for my last car, but there was a pretty good reason for that - LR hadn't taken the decision to actually go ahead and build Evoques then and I put a deposit down on a photo! I got one of the very first customer cars and it was a great car but now this 2nd one is just getting me down, to the extent that I want to cancel the order. What is even more annoying is that the previous reasons for the delay have been because I opted for the InControl Remote and Secure systems, but the dealer couldn't tell me why it has been delayed this time.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-03-2014 01:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Is Land Rover taking the mickey or what?

Frustrating for sure,and it shouldn't happen, but hang in there Tim, hang in there,not long now.....and you've ordered a beauty.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
04-03-2014 01:39pm
XFullFatTim

Nobody at Land Rover or the dealer has asked if I can live without the Incontrol systems, I wonder how much faster my car would appear without those two options? I've had aftermarket trackers fitted to the last two cars and they have been fine, I don't need to have one for insurance purposes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 02:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-03-2014 02:49pm
HeartbreakRidge

(04-03-2014 02:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Nobody at Land Rover or the dealer has asked if I can live without the Incontrol systems, I wonder how much faster my car would appear without those two options? I've had aftermarket trackers fitted to the last two cars and they have been fine, I don't need to have one for insurance purposes.

I'd be wondering if LR is quietly admitting it was a mistake to offer it on MY14, as it's not going to be available on US models until MY15.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
04-03-2014 03:31pm
donot521

Came in for Mickey Mouse
What a disappointment!!
04-03-2014 04:20pm
MarkA_

No news on my order Tim. My build is scheduled for tomorrow. I would be EXTREMELY dissapointed if I was told the day before, on, or after my build date that it was delayed yet again. I will update this thread if I hear anything about a delay to my build.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
04-03-2014 04:38pm
XFullFatTim

Mark, I'm not sure what it is that is causing the delay - whether it is the InControl or something else. Interestingly I have had both the local Audi dealership and the local Mini dealership on the phone this afternoon as they know I am now home and I had been for test drives in Mini and Q5 last leave. Both can deliver very highly specced cars in colours that I like from stock next week................... in the case of the SQ5 I could have one by the weekend - OK so it would be a 900 miler demo car but it has all the options I would be looking for on and a very healthy discount!
So I have emailed both Pete and Hadley Green asking if they can get my car built on 12th March as originally scheduled, without InControl R+S.

have you seen this youTube vid about InControl (the system we may never ever get!)

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 05:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-03-2014 04:59pm
mark_n

(04-03-2014 04:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Mark, I'm not sure what it is that is causing the delay - whether it is the InControl or something else.

Similar situation with InControl and the RRS. It sounds like the marketing boys have got the bit between their teeth long before the function is ready and it won't be long before I decide to wait for MY2015.

I just wish LR were more realistic about dates and more open when things change.

Question is, do we know of anyone who has taken delivery of InControl or is it vapourware still?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-03-2014 06:16pm
cjfp

Check this apple carplay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26434406

http://youtu.be/kqgrGho4aYM

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 10:41pm by cjfp.)
04-03-2014 07:09pm
Evo-king

Tim, this is disgraceful, at this rate it will be a MY15 car.

Our order build date has been brought forward 3 weeks no info/in control specced.

Given your LR history could you really go for the SQ5?

Do you really need or want the added features on the Zanzibar Evoque?

Just trying to promote thoughts.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-03-2014 10:59pm