Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer?
scottie99

Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer?

I have copmplained to the Service Manager at my dealership about my fuel returns (about 30-SD4 auto).

He has passed it on to LR and is taking the car in next week when a 'new patch file' will be applied to the car.

I am somewhat sceptical that this will make a difference, but regardless I am not going to accept the current fuel situation.

Has anyone else escalated their complaints?
10-04-2012 01:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer?

I suspect most people will be happy just to get their car!! (me included).

Be interested to hear what this patch is?
I subscribed to Topix over the weekend and snaffled all of their service bulletins, I didn't see any mention of this!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
10-04-2012 01:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(10-04-2012 01:53pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Be interested to hear what this patch is?

It's just like a large Elastoplast that you put over the filler neck which stops you getting any fuel in at all! Laughing
10-04-2012 01:56pm
Token

(10-04-2012 01:56pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It's just like a large Elastoplast that you put over the filler neck which stops you getting any fuel in at all! Laughing

I heard it was a rev limiter...one the patch has been applied, you can't go over 2k revs...think I'll stick with my 30mpg thanks! Unlucky Scottie!! Smile Smile

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 02:16pm by Token.)
10-04-2012 02:16pm
ED209

A patch file? sounds like a free remap?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
10-04-2012 02:50pm
defender_uk

let us know how u get on, as I am prepared to accept the situation either.
Thanks

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
10-04-2012 03:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I will be asking my dealer to look into it but don't intend to loose the use of the car for a couple of days while they add 500 miles to it finding out if my claims are true so it will wait until the first service. As an aside my consumption has been getting better and better since I changed back to my summer wheels and tyres, my mileage is generally the same run 32 miles round trip with hardly any stop start motoring in town, every day. The road is mostly gentle gradients with some sweeping bends and apart from one village the 60mph limit applies so if there aren't too many loonies on the road I can manage to drive the 16 miles to town without braking or I can at least see far enough ahead to be able to anticipate if I can get away with easing back on the throttle rather than braking. last fill up today has given 38.8mpg for the last tankful and 34.6 overall

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 03:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-04-2012 03:06pm
defender_uk

well I seem to be getting 38 overall on my winters....need to get em changed back and see what happens.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
10-04-2012 03:10pm
jitenc

I am still stuck on 28 mpg. This is definitely not a car for the urban lot if you are looking at the mpg counter all the time. What good will it do talking to the dealer. They are just for the sales. LR would not take any notice of me as they'd either says:
a) I am heavy right footed.
B) I am city driving and am on start stop mode all the time.
C) my options of having a panoramic roof adding 63kg would increase the fuel consumption, as well as using the heated steering wheel and heated seat in max power during the winter.
D) the fuel consumption for the rest seems to be acceptable.
E) the tests done for the fuel consumption and the figures quoted were all Ligite.

So what chance have I got to complain.
Apart from that there is stil a lot to be desired for.... But I still love it as it is.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
10-04-2012 11:44pm
mark_n

I agree, largely pointless exercise moaning to the dealer who probably knows little and cares less. Look instead to your driving and journeys.

The consumption varies a lot according to driving style and journey type. In particular the mpg falls rapidly with increasing speed, a big difference even between 60 and 80, so I expect the big frontal area it makes about as aerodynamic as a brick s**thouse. Short journeys round town, engine starts, especially cold ones are going to spoil your day.

Everytime you apply the brakes, you are converting expensively created kinetic energy back into heat, so let the energy dissipators you cannot do anything about - air resistance, tyre rolling resistance and driveline friction - do the work for you. The moment you see a red light in front of you or another reason to slow, lift off completely.

Similarly, put the gearbox into neutral if you are able to take advantage of downhill stretches and let the (expensively created) potential energy be converted by gravity into kinetic energy, providing of course you don't need engine braking.

Avoid carrying unwanted weight in the car and switch off the aircon.

My Si4, which started life with 21-22 is now up to 28-29 which I think is fine.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-04-2012 05:32am