Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interior Issue with cleaning!
RonnieNavani

Hi Guys,
Hope someone here can help me...

Where do I start? Ok, well wifey decided to do clean the interior of the car.. Which usually I take it to the car washers to do, at least once a month. Apparently it needed a clean and she couldn't wait. (Obviously)

Now, not sure what bloody product she was using, but I jumped in her car today and found the interior all of it having some sought of spots, like an oily patches in different areas. You name it, seats, dash, side walls on the inside of the door, all the way to the back.

It wasn't at home, but one of the drive in DIY car wash, where you insert a dollar and get a minute.

Now I am absolutely guttered!!! Does anyone here know how to remove the spots without further destroying the interior.. Bloody brand new car, and I hate using cheap products on my cars. I normally take it to a hand car wash in my area once a month and get a full detailed wash/clean once every 6 months.

This now just seems a issue that I didn't really need.

Any idea what would get this crap out??

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
11-03-2012 03:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

RE: Interior Issue with cleaning!

Hi Ronnie,

I heard an industry trick to clean leather seats is baby wipes. Use a quality brand. I use these to clean in between leather treatments

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
11-03-2012 03:15am
RonnieNavani

(11-03-2012 03:15am)Evoque U Wrote:  Hi Ronnie,

I heard an industry trick to clean leather seats is baby wipes. Use a quality brand. I use these to clean in between leather treatments

Thanks Mate, will try that now.. It's really pissed me off!!

Off to Coles...

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
11-03-2012 03:25am
Barneyridge

Hi mate, the are some automotive interior cleaners out there. Meguiar's makes one. I would go to supercheap at have a look at the cleaners available. Hope all goes well

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
11-03-2012 04:28am
Rootsboy

I would not put baby wipes any where near my leather. It will slowly dry it out over years.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
11-03-2012 09:37am
Donny Dog

For a one-off problem like this, I would try a small amount of Cif on a damp cloth. I have used this on very pale leather for donkey's years (even before they changed the name from Jif!), and it's never done the leather any harm, and cars of up to six years old still had pristine interiors.
11-03-2012 09:44am
gead

Go here....

http://Www.finalinspection.com.au

And get their leather clean and leather feed....it's all I ever use..? If the car is in really bad shape, book it in with Damian and get it detailed....

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
11-03-2012 10:41am
MPK

Sorry to hear that. I've used Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard and been quite good at removing stains and protecting the leather. All the best with it!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
11-03-2012 11:44pm
Aussievoque

(11-03-2012 03:00am)RonnieNavani Wrote:  Now, not sure what bloody product she was using, but I jumped in her car today and found the interior all of it having some sought of spots, like an oily patches in different areas. You name it, seats, dash, side walls on

Hi Ronnie, your wife is not alone - I have done the same thing to mine and have the same spots. What caused it was I did the console etc with Armorall while it was in the garage. When I hopped into the car yesterday (outside in the sun) all I could see was big greasy spots from the overspray of the armorall. I had missed wiping it all down because of the bad light in the garage. Easy solution though was to just get the armorall rag and dampen it down with more armorall and wipe the spots in until they blended. I think you would find that eventually they would disapper even if you did nothing as the armorall dries out, it always looks quite greasy for a couple of days if you go too heavy. I am glad though that I had previously done the leather seats with GTechniq so that I had a bit of peace of mind that the leather was in some way protected beforehand.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
12-03-2012 12:22am