Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Indash image query
katscan

Indash image query

Question not covered by manual-
When I'm in the Snow special terrain program, I occasionally get an image on the driver info display that shows an image of the car top down, and the two front wheels are shown. What the hell does this mean? Does it mean there is no traction to the two front tires? Does this mean that the two front wheels have all the traction?

Why would they not cover the in the manual?

Anyway, help would be appreciated Smile
30-12-2012 03:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QUEEVO

Indash image query

And why would the top be down in the snow...?

Sorry that I can not be any real help. It's 40C here at the moment...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
30-12-2012 03:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Indash image query

If you watch the plan view, as you turn the steering wheel the image of the car's front wheels will also change, very useful if you are in deep sand, snow or mud and have the wheels covered so you cannot see which direction they are pointing before you apply loads of power and then end up soemwhere you didn't plan to be!

On the cars with low range gearboxes and airsuspension this diagram shows a heap more info reagrding diff locks and suspension settings, obviously not required on the Evoque that hasn't got the same systems

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-12-2012 05:14am
eddkawasaki

Little addition to this, in MGS mode it only appears when the steering wheel has been turned a full turn or more. ie you have the steering wheel straight buts its a full turn off the wheels being straight then the image will appear to tell you you are pointing to the left or right not straight.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
30-12-2012 08:45am
katscan

You guys are sweeter than cherry pie with Redi-whip topping! Awesome info. Thank you as always. Any other undocumented "features" of the driver info display when in special programs mode?
30-12-2012 04:43pm