Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Incontrol Apps
iwf

Incontrol Apps

Hi everyone, new member here.

I've ordered a Dynamic for delivery in late October. Being a IT geek i've ordered the Incontrol apps and I think I've got the Incontrol - remote as part of the LR support contract.

I've also read every thread on this site and look forward to contributing and many years of driving. That I've done without a car for the last 10 years makes even more exciting. Can't you just tell I live in London.

Anyhow has anyone seen InControl apps thing delivered yet? Potentially it has the capability of freeing us from the limitations of the LR suite of apps, but so far I can see only one app of any real use, that being the Sygic Navigation.

However, since it's announcement and the various reviews nothing more has been said.

Anyone know any more?

regards
14-08-2014 03:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Haggis

Incontrol Apps

Hi there. I also have a Dynamic due late October.
I cannot answer your questions, although I will be interested to read any responses, but thought all new builds will come with Incontrol Apps?
14-08-2014 05:52pm
iwf

RE: Incontrol Apps

(14-08-2014 05:52pm)Haggis Wrote:  Hi there. I also have a Dynamic due late October.
I cannot answer your questions, although I will be interested to read any responses, but thought all new builds will come with Incontrol Apps?

Don't think the app part is included. It's listed as an extra. The Incontrol remote stuff is , I hope, included. We will see !
14-08-2014 11:32pm
Haggis

Incontrol Apps

(14-08-2014 11:32pm)iwf Wrote:  Don't think the app part is included. It's listed as an extra. The Incontrol remote stuff is , I hope, included. We will see !

Unfortunately you appear to be right, the Incontrol Apps appear to be a £350 extra!!!! Sad
15-08-2014 12:13am
Redrob

I might be wrong, but I think the in control ap and TPMS are standard on an MY15 model, we picked our Dynamic lux up a month ago and we have it.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
15-08-2014 06:15pm
Haggis

Incontrol Apps

^^^^ I hope you are right.
Although perhaps they are part of the Lux package?
16-08-2014 11:03am
jewel-r

(15-08-2014 06:15pm)Redrob Wrote:  I might be wrong, but I think the in control ap and TPMS are standard on an MY15 model, we picked our Dynamic lux up a month ago and we have it.

Hi, this is a very confusing subject but if you don't have the extra USB port marked in yellow in you cubby hole (in armrest) you don't have incontrol apps. You just have incontrol remote.

Incontrol apps available from Aug 18 production and its £350 option across the whole range.
16-08-2014 11:17am
Haggis

Incontrol Apps

So it is in fact Incontrol Remote that is standard then?
Is the TPMS standard too?
16-08-2014 11:29am
jewel-r

(16-08-2014 11:29am)Haggis Wrote:  So it is in fact Incontrol Remote that is standard then?
Is the TPMS standard too?

Yes TPMS is standard across range as it will so be a legal requirement for all manufacturers.
16-08-2014 11:46am
iwf

Just researching the actual apps themselves. Looks like the authors will be charging a premium for their in control versions?. The Nav app is £58 vs the ordinary one at £14
16-08-2014 11:21pm