Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Incontrol Apps
Daveparky

RE: Incontrol Apps

Hi Got my new Dynamic Evoque yesterday with HUD and inControl apps.

HUD was a worthwhile addition, Apps is disappointing so far. Only useful app would be music, but I had no sound, tried on two iPhones. Will try again tomorrow but I'm feet up in a hotel at the moment for the new year.

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
31-12-2014 11:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Hi Dave, Would be interesting to see some pics of the HUD in action

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-12-2014 02:51pm
Daveparky

I've sorted the in Control app issue, to enable both visual and audio you need USB AND Bluetooth connectivity. I can now use the music app, not worth £300 though.

Would be nice to have an AirPlay type connectivity so I could get bbc news feeds, Facebook alerts read out etc.

The HUD is shown in link below, mine only shows the speed, cruise control, and the navigation when it's programmed, the intelligence pack would show the speed sign which in hindsight I would go for.
The HUD @£800 is a thumbs up. #boystoys

http://www.landrover.co.uk/about-us/news...r-hud.html

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
31-12-2014 03:18pm
iwf

Incontrol Apps

Saw this just before Christmas

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/jlr-int...nteresting video at the bottom. Might be just thing to really make the InControl Apps useful. Spotify is in the list Smile

Here's a link to a UK announcement too.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-...drive-app.

Can't see it in the App Store yet, but I've asked Pete about availability
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 11:35am by iwf.)
02-01-2015 11:13am
Devonian

(31-12-2014 11:39am)Daveparky Wrote:  Hi Got my new Dynamic Evoque yesterday with HUD and inControl apps.

HUD was a worthwhile addition, Apps is disappointing so far. Only useful app would be music, but I had no sound, tried on two iPhones. Will try again tomorrow but I'm feet up in a hotel at the moment for the new year.

Hi Dave

I'm due to pick up my new Evoque with HUD next weekend. Am impatient to see what it's like so it would be great if you could post up some photos and/or a video of it in use.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
02-01-2015 09:51pm
Tuono

I'm also very interested in the new HUD system, it's one of the options we are looking to select.

Out of interest, I noticed that if you select the HUD option on the new Jaguar XE you have to also select the solar attenuating windscreen option, but this is not a requirement with the Evoque?
06-01-2015 11:51am
MartinP

If you select the HUD on the Evoque you will also need to add the solar glass.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
06-01-2015 01:12pm
Stadt Panzer

Incontrol Apps

Yeap I asked the same question but I love my heated windscreen more than HUD, so it was off the list.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
06-01-2015 01:30pm
Tuono

(06-01-2015 01:12pm)MartinP Wrote:  If you select the HUD on the Evoque you will also need to add the solar glass.

Thanks, the online configuration tool doesn't mandate this, but reading through the forum it doesn't look like the online configuration tool is that accurate.
06-01-2015 02:00pm
PhilSkill

The Heated windscreen is an option I could never do without again!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-01-2015 03:18pm