Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Incoming Colima Lime Pure.....
JonR

Incoming Colima Lime Pure.....

First time poster but (relatively) long time lurker. Just thought I'd post to say that we had our call yesterday to say that our car which was originally scheduled to be delivered to my dealer on 26th March had actually turned up yesterday and would be ready for collection this Friday. Order was put in on October 22nd so just over 4 months start to finish.

Relatively simple spec as i didn't want to go too bananas in these uncertain times so Colima Lime Pure SD4 Auto, with Pano roof, Privacy glass, tech pack and the powered tailgate - otherwise standard.

My lurks here have shown that the colour seems to be very much an acquired taste for some but after years of silver, black and red cars (discounting one in Dodge Viper GTS Blue), I just fancied something a bit different for once.

Also thanks to various people in various threads that made me a) turn down dealer offered Gap Insurance as they had pointed out how much cheaper it is elsewhere and b) also turn down the Smartguard polishy waxy thing (I'm very much au fait with this kind of thing as you can tell) and have found a detailer in Norfolk who can do it for me instead for less money with (hopefully) a better result.

My next post will probably be in the ICE section as I struggle to work out how to connect an Ipod to the car and control what I'm listening to without crashing through the central reservation with the cable in my teeth.
06-03-2012 04:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

RE: Incoming Colima Lime Pure.....

Hello Jon R and welcome. I love the Colima colour and the few I have seen look very good and certainly get noticed. Look forward to seeing your pics when you collect it later this week.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
06-03-2012 06:47pm
Bjorntje_be

If I weren't limited by budget, I'd gone for the lime as well. Love the colour !!
But a 1500€ surplus wasn't worth it.

ED4 5dr Pure Fuji white with tech pack/fog lights/privacy glass/tow bar ; order 24/02 / expected summer 2012 / delivered 18 sept 2012
06-03-2012 07:37pm
caroline11000

Great news getting the car earlier than expected, look forward to seeing some pictures of the rarer Colima Lime.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
06-03-2012 08:44pm
xxxx5

My local dealer has a Colima lime dynamic coupe, it does look good in that specification.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-03-2012 11:43pm
JonR

Thanks for the positive responses Smile

I will get pictures and work out how to upload them at the weekend!
07-03-2012 10:52am
Daglass

Colima Lime looks fantastic IMO.
good luck with the new car

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
07-03-2012 11:33am
JonR

Car arrived on Saturday! First time I'd seen the lime in the real world rather than pictures and brochures and very pleased with it.

Car came with half a tank of fuel - I've done about 300 miles over the weekend, averaging about 37mpg (better than I was expecting) and so far, all good Smile

EDIT: hmmm, I've clicked to add attachments to show two pictures but when I save the post, nothing appears.... i imagine I'm doing something wrong.

Pure SD4 Colima Lime - Tech pack, privacy glass, panoramic roof and Powered 'lazyman' tailgate
Ordered 22nd October 2011
Delivered 10th March 2012
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 10:32am by JonR.)
12-03-2012 10:30am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The images may be too large for the system. You might need to re-size them

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-03-2012 07:33pm
Westy

Hello and welcome

I hope you are as pleased as we all are, have never had so many BMW 3 series, Audi a4, a5 and mercedes c class drivers looking so envious, the evoque has so many characters and the lime is really different.

I really like the colour and with the black contrast the car I am sure looks great.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Enjoy the experience Very Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
12-03-2012 09:00pm