Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you think about it?
DfunkyT

RE: How do you think about it?

(06-03-2014 01:41pm)Norzlein Wrote:  Hi DfunkyT-san,

According to the catalogue I have, Prestige seems to have auto dimmed mirror as a defaultSmile not sure about 2014 model, let's see...

I've never heard about the existence of LR Experience Center, I always wanted to attend such event! But not brave enough to throw my Evoque into dirt...

Haha - I agree Norzlein-san, I'm more of a city boy than an off-roader! Maybe they have rental Evoques to get dirty!

Have you ever joined one of those Evoque club meetings? I always see pictures of them meeting near Fuji-San.
06-03-2014 01:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Norzlein

(06-03-2014 01:25pm)DfunkyT Wrote:  Hi Norzlein - no problem.

Have you bought many accessories for your car, and if so do you recommend anywhere? The dealer options here are so expensive.

I worked out that it's actually cheaper to buy them from Duckworths in the U.K., even with postage. The exchange rate and the lack of the 20% consumption tax makes most things a bit cheaper, and if there are special offers, of course it makes it even cheaper.

So far I've ordered the sports pedals. If I don't have to pay import tax at this end then it makes them about ¥3,000-4,000 cheaper than buying them from the dealer here. If all goes to plan, I will probably buy the aluminium paddle shifters next, but even at the better rate, they are the price of a good onsen trip!!

Hi DfunkyT,

Unfortunately I haven't bought much accessories. The only thing I bought was wheel cap (not sure the wording, it's a cap placed at the center of wheel which says Land Rover or Range Rover) . Since mine was 2013 model with Land Rover logo cap, I desperately wanted to have Range Rover one. I've asked my dealer and told me that it would cost ¥2000 per cap. But I presume it would be cheaper buying it in UK or possibly in Europe. I was lucky to have a business trip to France so visited Land Rover Paris and guess what, it was 45 euro for four capsSurprised

I was lucky enough to visit Paris this month, I'm thinking of some accessories うふふ!

The other thing I've done was body coating, glass window coating. Or and I remember one thing, brake pad as the brake dust was just a nightmare...

(06-03-2014 01:54pm)DfunkyT Wrote:  Haha - I agree Norzlein-san, I'm more of a city boy than an off-roader! Maybe they have rental Evoques to get dirty!

Have you ever joined one of those Evoque club meetings? I always see pictures of them meeting near Fuji-San.

You talking about Evoque Club Japan (ECJ) ? I knew it exists, but never joined any events hosted by them (or any other events). But one day I might join one of the event, seems fun!
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 02:52pm by Norzlein.)
06-03-2014 02:43pm
DfunkyT

(06-03-2014 02:43pm)Norzlein Wrote:  Hi DfunkyT,

Unfortunately I haven't bought much accessories. The only thing I bought was wheel cap (not sure the wording, it's a cap placed at the center of wheel which says Land Rover or Range Rover) . Since mine was 2013 model with Land Rover logo cap, I desperately wanted to have Range Rover one. I've asked my dealer and told me that it would cost ¥2000 per cap. But I presume it would be cheaper buying it in UK or possibly in Europe. I was lucky to have a business trip to France so visited Land Rover Paris and guess what, it was 45 euro for four capsSurprised

I was lucky enough to visit Paris this month, I'm thinking of some accessories うふふ!

The other thing I've done was body coating, glass window coating. Or and I remember one thing, brake pad as the brake dust was just a nightmare...

Yes, it's crazy how much can be spent. I have to say that my dealer is very down to earth. When we were going through the options list such as blind spot monitoring we joked about how looking over your shoulder is much cheaper!

The whole double branding is a bit silly I think. Land Rover badges and Range Rover. Might have to invest in the wheel hub badges as well.

Do you have any pictures of your Evoque? What colour is it? I know here Fuji White is so popular.
06-03-2014 02:53pm
miha.m

After almost 2 years and cca. 36.000km I am still VERY happy with my car Smile Outside looks have no rival in the segment at all - I am still happy every morning when I come to garage,... Inside is really classy - however in Macan (on pictures at least), I like large number of buttons/controls/dials,... It is just the way I am Wink Driving is perfect, comfort perfect,... "feel good factor" excellent. I would bay it again anytime - but this time auto box,...

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
06-03-2014 06:12pm
cutter7

How do you think about it?

35mpg average with 45 seen on a long run is perhaps in isolation not to good by today's standards, but for a 2.2 diesel 4wd automatic driven hard with a lot of long journeys not bad and fair compromise for excellence elsewhere..

06-03-2014 10:00pm
Norzlein

(06-03-2014 02:53pm)DfunkyT Wrote:  Yes, it's crazy how much can be spent. I have to say that my dealer is very down to earth. When we were going through the options list such as blind spot monitoring we joked about how looking over your shoulder is much cheaper!

The whole double branding is a bit silly I think. Land Rover badges and Range Rover. Might have to invest in the wheel hub badges as well.

Do you have any pictures of your Evoque? What colour is it? I know here Fuji White is so popular.

You guys are exactly right about blind spot monitorLOL Nice to have, but might not be mandatory system. Spending that money to panoramic roof could be betterSmile

I'm exactly the average guy regarding the color, Fuji whiteRolling Eyes
I do have a photo, but it's exactly what others have so...Embarrassed

(06-03-2014 06:12pm)miha.m Wrote:  After almost 2 years and cca. 36.000km I am still VERY happy with my car Smile Outside looks have no rival in the segment at all - I am still happy every morning when I come to garage,... Inside is really classy - however in Macan (on pictures at least), I like large number of buttons/controls/dials,... It is just the way I am Wink Driving is perfect, comfort perfect,... "feel good factor" excellent. I would bay it again anytime - but this time auto box,...

Hi miha.m,

Nice to hear that you are loving your car! Exterior really matches my taste, muscular, solid shape, and doesn't shout out like "arrghhhh look at me arrghhh get ot of my way!!!" and I like that. Interior is as you said, classy, matured. Something nice place to be.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 12:22am by Norzlein.)
07-03-2014 12:11am
DfunkyT

Hehe, all this talk is making me impatient to get mine.

I opted for the tech pack which includes the panoramic glass roof and other bits and pieces, which are oh so standard on Japanese cars! European manufacturers are so cheeky like that. That plus the magneride, and that's where I stopped ticking boxes! I'll be trading in my nippy convertible so need daylight and handling!

Fuji white is a good choice. Resale values are still high here.
07-03-2014 12:48am
Norzlein

(07-03-2014 12:48am)DfunkyT Wrote:  Hehe, all this talk is making me impatient to get mine.

I opted for the tech pack which includes the panoramic glass roof and other bits and pieces, which are oh so standard on Japanese cars! European manufacturers are so cheeky like that. That plus the magneride, and that's where I stopped ticking boxes! I'll be trading in my nippy convertible so need daylight and handling!

Fuji white is a good choice. Resale values are still high here.

After owning Evoque, I've realized that most of the stuff equipped in Evoque is pretty much everywhere in other car manufacturers, exactly what you saidSad But I guess there are something Evoque is ahead of those guys, it's design. I guess there are no car with bold, solid, muscular exterior (but not so much of "I'm gonna kick your ass get away" atmosphere) with nice, clean, classy interiorCool

I'm sure you already have many information and reference about it, but here is some clip of interior of mine. Have a look when you are boardTongue Out
http://youtu.be/-notCbsx-98
07-03-2014 02:43pm
DfunkyT

(07-03-2014 02:43pm)Norzlein Wrote:  After owning Evoque, I've realized that most of the stuff equipped in Evoque is pretty much everywhere in other car manufacturers, exactly what you saidSad But I guess there are something Evoque is ahead of those guys, it's design. I guess there are no car with bold, solid, muscular exterior (but not so much of "I'm gonna kick your ass get away" atmosphere) with nice, clean, classy interiorCool

I'm sure you already have many information and reference about it, but here is some clip of interior of mine. Have a look when you are boardTongue Out
http://youtu.be/-notCbsx-98

Cool. Nice colour.

I know what you mean about the design. In a perfect world, I'd stick with sports cars but need a bit more practicality, and don't want to be another BMW driver. With the Evoque I feel some character, unlike when I checked out other similar cars.

I know a lot of people discount the cool factor, but that is what makes you smile every time you approach the car. Roll on delivery date!!
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 02:54pm by DfunkyT.)
07-03-2014 02:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think in LR brochure speak that is called Elegance for the Prestige version - I'm going for the equivalent in the Dynamic Plus, in brochure speak it is called Accelerate - tan Oxford hide seats with ebony/tan door cards...........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 03:24pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-03-2014 03:22pm