Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you like your evoque navigation system?
cjfp

RE: How do you like your evoque navigation system?

(16-03-2013 06:31pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Mine seems to have an issue with motorways?
I live on (near) the M4, needed to get to Hayes, which also sits on the M4, it tried to tell me it was going to take 50 mins, and go via the A404, up to the M40 and down into London that way?! WTF
Every time I ignored it, it recalculated to try to keep me off the motorway Sad I made it in 30 mins which is far more realistic than the original 50 minute estimate.
No idea whats going on with it, as previously it's been faultless.

Maybe TMC was showing an 'incorrect' traffic issue that would have made the satnav think that that route would have been longer time wise than the one it was proposing. As good as TMC is, it sometimes doesn't update quick enough - one time my TomTom was showing the M25 closed for about 3 weeks, so I just had to ignore it nd hope.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
16-03-2013 06:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(16-03-2013 06:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Maybe TMC was showing an 'incorrect' traffic issue that would have made the satnav think that that route would have been longer time wise than the one it was proposing. As good as TMC is, it sometimes doesn't update quick enough - one time my TomTom was showing the M25 closed for about 3 weeks, so I just had to ignore it nd hope.

It happens too consistently to me for that to be the cause.
16-03-2013 06:39pm
scrannel

(16-03-2013 08:35am)kirstenll Wrote:  when i test drive the evoque, i really like the touch screen feature of evoque. But i did not get to use the navigation system?
How do you like it? User friendly?

Love it. Mine's 2013.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
16-03-2013 09:41pm
tash

Really good, got a 12reg Fl2 loan car at moment and its leap years ahead in the evoque.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
16-03-2013 10:34pm
Tulabb

Took a while to get use to because it was it as easy as the Tom Tom. Once I got use to it it's fine and I don't even look at the picture screen no more just the dashboard. I haven't used it too much but when I have eg 3.5 hour trip to Manchester it was fine
16-03-2013 11:35pm
defender_uk

i hate it....hate not having alternate routes instead of the single route it gives you with a couple of different twists. I want a short, fast, best....not what produces the lowest sodding emitions. Unfortaunately this useless system is now in the New RR and no doubt the new RRS....what an absolute waste

nor can u quiz the system on the TMC and why it has sent u a bizzare way. Wkith the present RRS you can see ALL traffic events and check out individual roads...bnut not with this new crap system....you get bugger all info and end up going on ridiculous de-tours with no knowledge why...really really bugs me.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2013 06:35pm by defender_uk.)
17-03-2013 06:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flurberman

How do you like your evoque navigation system?

(17-03-2013 06:32pm)defender_uk Wrote:  i hate it....hate not having alternate routes instead of the single route it gives you with a couple of different twists. I want a short, fast, best....not what produces the lowest sodding emitions. Unfortaunately this useless system is now in the New RR and no doubt the new RRS....what an absolute waste

nor can u quiz the system on the TMC and why it has sent u a bizzare way. Wkith the present RRS you can see ALL traffic events and check out individual roads...bnut not with this new crap system....you get bugger all info and end up going on ridiculous de-tours with no knowledge why...really really bugs me.

Totally agree! The Evoque's sat nav is imo the worst thing about the car. The touch screen is slow to register input, it takes too long to select a route (you seem to have to confirm it a million times) and why oh why are we forced to agree to that bloody disclaimer every single time you want to use it???? It's also far too slow to recognise when you've decided to take a different route and annoyingly nags you for miles to turnaround.

My biggest complaint however is the TMC - what a pile of crap.

In my Audi A5 you could instantly scroll through a list of traffic incidents and/or better still, record traffic announcements at certain times of the day.

The Evoque's TMC however is buried under god knows how many options and takes forever to find, why couldn't they make the TMC icon a hotspot allowing you to see events instantly? Why can't you call it up using the speech controls?

I also have to question whether it actually works. On countless occasions my car has said there are no problems ahead when I've known that's a lie. I used sat nav to take me home the other day, I've checked there's no problems on the chosen route ahead, I get to the motorway and find its at a complete standstill. I can't even get onto the slip road. I check TMC - it's green - no problems!

All in all it's a huge disappointment, one which fails to give me any confidence in its use.

My wife has recently purchased a new BMW 3 series, the functionality and interface of their system is light years ahead of ours.
17-03-2013 08:03pm
CSJ

Just goes to show how different people have different views, I really like the Range Rover system and hate the Audi one!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
17-03-2013 08:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have no issues with it, but have to agree with DefenderUK that the software in the RRS went that bit further BUT I had the problem that the RRS system in my TDv8 RRS couldn't route straight down the motorway, it couldn't get under the flyovers and routed me up the slip road, half way round the roundabout and then down the slip road back onto the motorway! I've never had that with the FFRR or Evoque. The RRS eventually learned that I didn't lie going up slip roads just to rejoin the motorway!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2013 11:22pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-03-2013 11:21pm
kirstenll

woo, people really have different opinions. I have to admit i was very impressed with the touch screen navigation system during test drive!
18-03-2013 08:13am