Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How are our founder members doing?
speary

RE: How are our founder members doing?

Not looking forward to mine being a year old as it will apparently need me to spend circa £350 for a service when the car will have only done 13000 miles. Bl**dy rediculous if you ask me. This car has had no harder use than my previous A5 which went 18,000 miles between services and a a more reasonable £250 per service

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
10-12-2012 01:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(10-12-2012 01:55pm)speary Wrote:  Not looking forward to mine being a year old as it will apparently need me to spend circa £350 for a service when the car will have only done 13000 miles. Bl**dy rediculous if you ask me. This car has had no harder use than my previous A5 which went 18,000 miles between services and a a more reasonable £250 per service

do a search on first service - its very possible to bring your service cost to under £300 with little effort.
10-12-2012 02:21pm
xxxx5

mine is coming up to a year old next month. The good bits, love the styling, the drive and power of the engine is nice especially on the motorway. The bad bits, mpg is very poor, the dealers are crap to deal with and just plainly don't understand customer service and some trim quality is a little poor for a £35k+ car.

Would i buy another, maybe but I have an deposit already placed for a BMW x4 when they come out.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
11-12-2012 07:58am
Big G

Well had mine 10 months now - a year in Feb. Have to say really pleased with it mostly. Still a head turner.

Love the adaptive dynamics ride and the general feel. Very comfortable. First diesel for ages and have to say it
has enough ooomph for me as a. 2.2 ltr diesel.

Love the pano roof and all the extras.

Niggles were: had a rattle that got fixed, the rear parking camera can be a bit slow coming on and tempramental and I quite often get the 'smart key' not found.

Other than that I'd be very positive towards it so far
Had it keyed though - mostly repaired to the naked eye - but I know there's a scratch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
11-12-2012 11:56am
WB
WB

I've been holding off on responding on this thread... I had my first Evoque for a year and just sold it privately - it was basically a year of depreciation free motoring as I sold it for pretty much what I paid for it which I'm very pleased about. The car was very good - few cosmetic warranty issues that were all sorted by LPR but otherwise very solid.

I put a deposit down for a second Evoque in July which arrived recently but has the rear quarter panel flaw and LR are still working on the resolution to that - I'm still in two minds on whether to reject or accept the car.

In the meantime LR have loaned me a black Prestige 5 door as I would otherwise be carless.

Having seen the thread on the LWB Evoque today I'll probably be putting down a deposit for one of those as soon as they're confirmed!

Overall I love the concept car styling and the interior. There are certainly a few areas that LR need to improve on especially Quality Control and some of the trim materials/finish.technology for its price range.
11-12-2012 12:44pm
jitenc

Coming up to 1 yr... And just loving it..apart from the ridiculous mpg, servicing costs, built quality compared to price paid...
Nevertheless, using the full whack of the lux pack... Including the heated steering wheel.
The TMPS did come in use twice. Won't have known the pressure was low without this system but I would have appreciated it if the real pressure info was available to view.
So, would I have bought the Evoque all over again... Hell ya.... It's still a head turner.... Usually mine... Have used it as a wedding car already....
If you enjoy driving, this is great fun..
My future car.. Probably a hybrid or an electric Evoque...Smile

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
15-12-2012 10:48pm
BA74

(15-12-2012 10:48pm)jitenc Wrote:  Coming up to 1 yr... And just loving it..apart from the ridiculous mpg, servicing costs, built quality compared to price paid...
Nevertheless, using the full whack of the lux pack... Including the heated steering wheel.
The TMPS did come in use twice. Won't have known the pressure was low without this system but I would have appreciated it if the real pressure info was available to view.
So, would I have bought the Evoque all over again... Hell ya.... It's still a head turner.... Usually mine... Have used it as a wedding car already....
If you enjoy driving, this is great fun..
My future car.. Probably a hybrid or an electric Evoque...Smile

Hybrid Evoque. I'd definitely trade up to that!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
15-12-2012 11:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There's a hybrid RRSport coming in the next 18 months so you never know your luck with an Evoque Hybrid

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-12-2012 02:12am
mark_n

You do wonder where they would put all the extra "stuff" like battery packs, motors, controller and the rest. The RRE may be quite spacious for 4 people but we all know the boot is not really big enough for their luggage and the engine bay doesn't appear to be big enough for a larger engine. Depends on how many miles you do, but I'm not convinced a hybrid makes economic sense and a resale and maintenance nightmare down the track.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-12-2012 08:28am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There will be plenty of space in the engine bay for the 3cylinder ford engine and some more batteries.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-12-2012 01:31pm