Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hose incorrectly fitted to intercooler
spacecowboy

Hose incorrectly fitted to intercooler

Hi, my 2500mile Evoque TD4 Pure broke down today, outside lane of A1, AA responded in 30mins (RR response 2hour) eventually found a hose had come off the intercooler. The jubilee clip that holds it in place had been fitted at an angle so it squashed the hose rather than clamping it in place....

Anyone else had his issue?Sad

on a plus point did the free off road day at Skipton - amazing!

Black 5 door TD4 Pure with style pack, debadged, privacy glass, black headlining.
21-09-2012 09:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Hose incorrectly fitted to intercooler

Not heard off on an Evoque but it was a regular problem on the TD4 Freelander1 and I have heard of it on the Freelander2 which has the same engine

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-09-2012 10:35pm
mickydd

(21-09-2012 09:17pm)spacecowboy Wrote:  Hi, my 2500mile Evoque TD4 Pure broke down today, outside lane of A1, AA responded in 30mins (RR response 2hour) eventually found a hose had come off the intercooler. The jubilee clip that holds it in place had been fitted at an angle so it squashed the hose rather than clamping it in place....

Anyone else had his issue?Sad

on a plus point did the free off road day at Skipton - amazing!

Spacecowboy,
Did you do the full or half day?
I was given a couple of LRE passes but they state half day experience, was wanting to go for a full day.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
22-09-2012 09:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Half day in the morning and the other half day for the afternoon of the same day?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-09-2012 09:59am
DiscoDad

A have had that happen on my Jag 2.2d X-Type. Common problem on the Jag due to corrosion of the clip. Surprised yours stayed on for 2500 miles if it had been fitted that way TBH.

Ordered 3-4-2012 - Build date 27-6-2012 - Delivery expected 9-7-2012 - Actual delivery 29-6-2012
SD4 Auto Dynamic, Orkney Grey with black pano roof, style 7 wheels, lux pack, verve interior, ebony headlining, privacy glass, adaptive xenons, heated steering wheel, load retension system.
22-09-2012 10:01pm
spacecowboy

Mickydd, did the half day, it was really good, you could pay for the rest of the day but my 2 mates who were with me wanted to go to the pub.....

no further probs with the hose, im trying for another off road voucher as good will....

Black 5 door TD4 Pure with style pack, debadged, privacy glass, black headlining.
05-10-2012 08:05pm