Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High Beam Assist
Sj4444

RE: High Beam Assist

(18-04-2012 06:03pm)Gorjan Wrote:  On my car they "forgot" the correct wiring for the rear camera, altough the camera itself is installed. Now the dealer started talking that LR would not allow adding new installatation, but I am not accepting this....

Oh wow...that's worse! I'd be REALLY upset about that!

I just sent my sales person an email telling her to look into the high beam assist more because if I find out it can be added after the fact and she told me it couldn't I'm gonna freak. I even put a call into Gentex who makes it to ask them...hopefully they call me back. I really do love this feature on my Caddy and it works great... Maybe the Range Rover version has a delay that mine doesn't? I know they are both made from the same company though.

I hope this transaction doesn't turn into a nightmare. I also told them I was putting more $ down on the car than what they approved me for to keep my payments lower and they are giving me a hard time about it! (I'm using one if their banks to make it easier) they told me to just send extra $ each month!? Huh? Duh! Wouldn't that just make my payments even higher?! Jeez.... They talk like I'm the one that isn't getting it. Maybe because I'm a blonde girl...? Lol. Smile. Btw I'm an accountant! Haha
18-04-2012 07:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

Are you getting the HID xenon with yours? I don't think halogen lights can do that on US spec evoques.

Honestly you probably cant do it for a reasonable price. Btw my spec sheet from topix doesn't list if I have high beam assist.

You can see once you get your in the center menu for vehicle setting there is an option for high beam assist option to turn them off or on

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
19-04-2012 06:14am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

SJ4444, they are upset about your payments because by decreasing your monthly payments you probably also decrease their commission.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2012 08:59am
Sj4444

I met with the dealer today and saw my baby all wrapped in plastic and covered in bird crap and I still thought it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Picking it up tomorrow all clean. As far as the high beam assist goes they told me that all the parts are there in the car to have it but they never configured it (whatever that means) and it can't be done by a dealer. They told me to hope for a recall and gave me a phone number to call and suggested I complain to LR customer service... Not sure what good that would do if the dealer couldn't even do anything about it... I'm just going to focus on enjoying it at this point. Would like to thank you all for the responses and help!

Btw... Ordered cirrus interior never seeing it before other than online and wow I loved it! (thank god). Smile
20-04-2012 02:49am