Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi from Chorley!
caroline11000

RE: Hi from Chorley!

(13-10-2011 08:59pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Welcome!!

Glad you have decided in some Blind Faith!!

I am surprised you are expecting to be told your build date this month, good for you if you do mind, we put a deposit down in June this year and haven't heard a thing!! Just the dealer saying we should get for 1 March 2012 and will likely go for build in Jan?? Probably not though with all the delays an all!!

Anyway it will give you PLENTY of time to dream about it!!Very Happy
THEMACS I think I would have chased the dealer up by now having not heard anyhing about a confirmed order date, unless of course you don't want the car untill at least March! Have they actually placed your order on the system yet?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
14-10-2011 08:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

No, apparently it is in a file waiting to be called down!!

March does suit us but even at the time of ordering back in June, we were told March was the earliest anyway!!

I have sent another email today, probably won't get responded to as per usual!!Crying

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
14-10-2011 09:00am
GibEvoque

(14-10-2011 09:00am)THEMACS Wrote:  No, apparently it is in a file waiting to be called down!!

March does suit us but even at the time of ordering back in June, we were told March was the earliest anyway!!

I have sent another email today, probably won't get responded to as per usual!!Crying

Similar situation to here, the dealer file is in holding, and gets drawn down with a number of orders at once, I should get info on build date sometime in November, and is likely to be in March. This is based on shiopping schedules which is once a quarter for our dealer, as they go via valencia.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
14-10-2011 09:29am
mark_n

Once a quarter? Bad news if your car misses the boat so to speak.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-10-2011 10:40am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think your dealer needs to go look at the shipping schedules Gib, there are 3 or 4 sailings a week of car carriers from the UK to Valencia. Passage time is only 3 days too. Then there are also the freight trains......................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2011 11:11am by XFullFatTim.)
14-10-2011 11:10am
oop north

(13-10-2011 07:15pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Hi Andy, we have ordered from the same dealer and only live a couple of miles away. ... Will be interesting to compare notes on the dealer, as I haven't been that impressed compared to the BMW dealer I usually use.

You must be very close to me then - 5 miles from the dealer (south east ish from there)!

I had a bad experience with this very dealer a year ago with a D3. I just sent them a very rude email a couple of days ago telling them that I will never again buy a car from them

Hope you both do a lot better than I did! I also hope I can pluck up enough courage to buy another LR or maybe a RR one day... no order from me for a RRE yet... want to be convinced on reliability first
14-10-2011 04:42pm
xxxx5

oop North

I can't say I will be rushing back to buy another car from them in the future or even have the RRE serviced there.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2011 05:09pm by xxxx5.)
14-10-2011 05:04pm
oop north

The d3 chaps rave about Lakeland and quite a few like Stratstones Bury
14-10-2011 08:17pm