Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.86 Average
Hi Everyone!
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Hi Everyone!

(23-11-2012 05:24pm)Nick@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Rootsboy,

Thank you for sending me your questions regarding the 825w stereo.

As I’m based in the UK I’m unable to comment on your concerns however I’m happy to arrange for someone to contact you to discuss this further.

Please send me a private message with your full name and contact details and I will pass these on to someone in Spain.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Really? Is the 825W system different in a Spanish car from a UK car; I think not. Clearly would think the UK product team could provide the answer?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 10:11am by cjfp.)
25-11-2012 09:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

Hi BFGEvoqueMan

yes i had exactly the same thought, the sound systems are the exactly the same, and its not a question regarding it as a fault. it is a obvious omission as the manual states (Note: The audio system will play MP3, WMA and AAC files.)
this also come from the manual:
(To maximise playback quality, it is recommended that lossless compression is used for any media files on USB or iPod. Failing this, it is recommended that compressed files utilise a minimum bitrate of 192 kb/s (a higher bitrate is strongly recommended).

strange that they say use lossless for better quality, but wont let you!

the point i am making is, if i choose to play music via the usb i am limited to these lossy compressed file formats, which i think is very strange. most software and music players can play Wav and Aiff and possibly Flac for that matter, why not the Evoques Meridian sound system via USB? it like they forgot to add it.

and as i mentioned before, i know i can get round this by loading those music files onto a ipod or iphone and play them from there, but using the usb would be a lot more practical for me.

something else i thought was strange, i was listening to a cd the other day, and it does not seem to support continuous play (i had small silent breaks between tracks on cd that should play seamlessly through, very annoying for listening to live or concept music)the sound system for me is great, but these omissions seem very odd at the supposed level of quality we are meant to be dealing with here.

lets see what answer Land Rover Spain come up with, once they have asked the question to Land Rover U.K. or maybe its the case someone from Spain wrote the software. and if so! that may explain why we are paying top notch for it, but in reality, some important features have been left out to cut costs, with the hope that no one would notice.
much like the way, the construction industry works here.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 10:53am by Rootsboy.)
25-11-2012 10:02am
NightFox

I don't imagine LR will have had much to with with the software/functionality of the system, Meridian will have had an existing 'bare bones' solution that LR will have incorporated into the Evoque.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
25-11-2012 11:07am
eddkawasaki

(25-11-2012 10:02am)Rootsboy Wrote:  Hi BFGEvoqueMan

yes i had exactly the same thought, the sound systems are the exactly the same, and its not a question regarding it as a fault. it is a obvious omission as the manual states (Note: The audio system will play MP3, WMA and AAC files.)
this also come from the manual:
(To maximise playback quality, it is recommended that lossless compression is used for any media files on USB or iPod. Failing this, it is recommended that compressed files utilise a minimum bitrate of 192 kb/s (a higher bitrate is strongly recommended).

strange that they say use lossless for better quality, but wont let you!

the point i am making is, if i choose to play music via the usb i am limited to these lossy compressed file formats, which i think is very strange. most software and music players can play Wav and Aiff and possibly Flac for that matter, why not the Evoques Meridian sound system via USB? it like they forgot to add it.

and as i mentioned before, i know i can get round this by loading those music files onto a ipod or iphone and play them from there, but using the usb would be a lot more practical for me.

something else i thought was strange, i was listening to a cd the other day, and it does not seem to support continuous play (i had small silent breaks between tracks on cd that should play seamlessly through, very annoying for listening to live or concept music)the sound system for me is great, but these omissions seem very odd at the supposed level of quality we are meant to be dealing with here.

lets see what answer Land Rover Spain come up with, once they have asked the question to Land Rover U.K. or maybe its the case someone from Spain wrote the software. and if so! that may explain why we are paying top notch for it, but in reality, some important features have been left out to cut costs, with the hope that no one would notice.
much like the way, the construction industry works here.

I have to agree with this it seems really odd to get such a great sound system and not be able to play lossless formats. having just re-ripped all my CD's I have to maintain 2 libraries. One lossless Flac for the sonos and use on the PC and an MP3 one for the car. fortunately DbPoweramp can be configured to rip to both at the same time.

Fingers crossed lossless can be enabled via a software upgrade.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
25-11-2012 11:19am
PhilSkill

(25-11-2012 11:19am)eddkawasaki Wrote:  I have to agree with this it seems really odd to get such a great sound system and not be able to play lossless formats. having just re-ripped all my CD's I have to maintain 2 libraries. One lossless Flac for the sonos and use on the PC and an MP3 one for the car. fortunately DbPoweramp can be configured to rip to both at the same time.

Fingers crossed lossless can be enabled via a software upgrade.

Ditto... Flac for Sonos, WMA for Evoque...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-11-2012 02:43pm
Mary

Evil
I am having a very sad experience with my Evoque. Mine was delivered to me back in mid August. I was so excited and very happy with my choice. However within a month my nightmare began. The smart key constantly fails to unlock the car- once I have gone through a manual entry with the "secret key" ( a very awkward process in itself, which sets of the alarm) the car wont start unless the smart key is placed on a pad under the steering wheel. This happened in front of one of my clients!!Sad

The car has been back in to Trivetts at Alexandria 3 times!!! Last time for 12 days. I have paid for two cabs myself getting back and forward. Each time the car has worked 3 or 4 times and then it is back to the same problem.

I am now about to embark on a process with Land Rover customer care as this car is unfit for purpose. Any advice for me out there???

Bitterly disappointed.
26-11-2012 05:27am
Mary

Dear Nick,

I recently purchased a brand new Range Rover Evoque from Trivetts in Alexandria, New South Wales, Australia.

As much as I loved my new car, I was soon disillusioned ( and frankly now angry). I have had an ongoing problem with the Smart Key, which is constantly failing to open the car, and then fails to start car (smart key not found error )

I have had the car back to the dealer to be "fixed". I was initially told that it was a program error, all errors cleared and the fault rectified. I went through this process twice. The thrid time I took it back ( "repairs" failed within twenty four hours) The third visit I was able to leave the car for 12 days, as I was travelling. They replace some of the hardware. I used the key four times and it failed again.

All highly unacceptable.

I would appreciate a reply.

Yours Sincerely
Mary Anne
26-11-2012 07:00am
mark_n

Mary, sorry to hear you are having these problems. The evidence is that fixing unusual problems is difficult and we've seen examples of odd things happening with steering, engines, rattles which are beyond the capabilities of the dealer to fix. That in turn suggests the technical education side of the business is not keeping up with what is being produced. Too often, it's seemed the dealers are clutching at straws to fix a problem because nobody has told them differently.

Regarding your problem with the unlocking, it should be fine, so I assume the batteries have been replaced in the key fobs and that the problem occurs with both of them? If so, that suggests a problem with the car, not the key fobs and if they ever work, that suggests the programming - adaptation of the car to the keys - is OK.

My guess is there's an electronic problem with the keyless receiver not being sensitive enough or the aerials it uses to pick up the signals not being connected properly which might then suggest a wiring loom problem.

I agree with you about the car not being fit for purpose. I have the feeling with the Evoque being the worldwide success it is that LR are slipping back into their sloppy couldn't-care-less complacent days. I do not know about Australian consumer law but I expect it's pretty tough so I would return the car to the dealer and give them 14 days to fix it or your money back, during which time you'll take the Dealer Principal's car as a free of charge loaner, thank you.
(23-11-2012 05:24pm)Nick@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Rootsboy,

Thank you for sending me your questions regarding the 825w stereo.

As I’m based in the UK I’m unable to comment on your concerns however I’m happy to arrange for someone to contact you to discuss this further.

Please send me a private message with your full name and contact details and I will pass these on to someone in Spain.

Kind Regards,
Nick

This is a ludicrous response to a query which was clearly about functionality, not a fault. I assume Nick has been given the task of minding this forum. A pointless exercise if you don't know anything and are not empowered to do anything.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 07:21am by mark_n.)
26-11-2012 07:14am
CRC@LandRover

(26-11-2012 07:00am)Mary Wrote:  Dear Nick,

I recently purchased a brand new Range Rover Evoque from Trivetts in Alexandria, New South Wales, Australia.

As much as I loved my new car, I was soon disillusioned ( and frankly now angry). I have had an ongoing problem with the Smart Key, which is constantly failing to open the car, and then fails to start car (smart key not found error )

I have had the car back to the dealer to be "fixed". I was initially told that it was a program error, all errors cleared and the fault rectified. I went through this process twice. The thrid time I took it back ( "repairs" failed within twenty four hours) The third visit I was able to leave the car for 12 days, as I was travelling. They replace some of the hardware. I used the key four times and it failed again.

All highly unacceptable.

I would appreciate a reply.

Yours Sincerely
Mary Anne

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry to hear of the concerns you are experiencing with the smart key for your RRE.

I would like to arrange for someone from your market to contact you to discuss your concerns and help get these resolved.

Please send me a private message with the details below;

Full Name:
Vehicle Registration:
E-mail Address:
Contact Telephone Number:
Dealership Details:

Kind Regards,
Nick

(26-11-2012 07:14am)mark_n Wrote:  Mary, sorry to hear you are having these problems. The evidence is that fixing unusual problems is difficult and we've seen examples of odd things happening with steering, engines, rattles which are beyond the capabilities of the dealer to fix. That in turn suggests the technical education side of the business is not keeping up with what is being produced. Too often, it's seemed the dealers are clutching at straws to fix a problem because nobody has told them differently.

Regarding your problem with the unlocking, it should be fine, so I assume the batteries have been replaced in the key fobs and that the problem occurs with both of them? If so, that suggests a problem with the car, not the key fobs and if they ever work, that suggests the programming - adaptation of the car to the keys - is OK.

My guess is there's an electronic problem with the keyless receiver not being sensitive enough or the aerials it uses to pick up the signals not being connected properly which might then suggest a wiring loom problem.

I agree with you about the car not being fit for purpose. I have the feeling with the Evoque being the worldwide success it is that LR are slipping back into their sloppy couldn't-care-less complacent days. I do not know about Australian consumer law but I expect it's pretty tough so I would return the car to the dealer and give them 14 days to fix it or your money back, during which time you'll take the Dealer Principal's car as a free of charge loaner, thank you.

This is a ludicrous response to a query which was clearly about functionality, not a fault. I assume Nick has been given the task of minding this forum. A pointless exercise if you don't know anything and are not empowered to do anything.

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry that you feel my response is inadequate, however as I’m sure you will understand, different markets have different vehicle specifications.

When asked a question about a vehicle from a non-UK country I am more than happy to arrange that contact is made from within the relevant country to answer the specific question.

I assure you that this is with best intentions, should it be discovered that there is a concern affecting the functionality or the vehicle is not performing as required this can be handled in a timely manner and in line with the manufacturer’s warranty.

Should you wish to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to send me a private message.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 03:32pm by CRC@LandRover.)
26-11-2012 03:04pm
PhilSkill

Note: WMA supports loss less, haven't tried it though. Shame WAV is licence free could easily have supported that.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-11-2012 10:56pm