Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with Leather
LHR

Help with Leather

After some advise. I've ordered a santorini black sd4 Dynamic. I thought for a change from black I'd order Pursuit leather but now worried that I've made the wrong choice. Just wondered if anybody has this colour leather and could give me their views on it. Any comments appreciated. thanks
09-09-2013 09:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Help with Leather

Pursuit is a nice design, just keep it treated, and watch out for dark blue jeans! I use gTechniq L1 which claims to stop dye transfer, just keep it topped up regularly, dead easy to apply, spray and buff.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-09-2013 11:05pm
WB
WB

(09-09-2013 11:05pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Pursuit is a nice design, just keep it treated, and watch out for dark blue jeans! I use gTechniq L1 which claims to stop dye transfer, just keep it topped up regularly, dead easy to apply, spray and buff.

+1 and Gtechniq W2 (diluted) is great for cleaning any marks off the seats.
10-09-2013 09:01am
heronb

(10-09-2013 09:01am)WB Wrote:  +1 and Gtechniq W2 (diluted) is great for cleaning any marks off the seats.

+1 great stuff
10-09-2013 09:14am
LHR

(10-09-2013 09:14am)heronb Wrote:  +1 great stuff

Thank you for all the replies,I will stick with the order, just wanted reassurance that I wasn't making the wrong decision. I use Autoglym leather cleaner and balm at the moment but after the comments I will invest in some Gtechig. Thanks.
10-09-2013 05:50pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Even better and a lot less costly than both products above is Gliptone Leather Cleaner
and feed.......... they also sell some really nice "Pine tree" type air fresheners scented with freshly polished leather smell too just to enhance that smell once the polishing and feeding has worn off!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2013 06:09pm
PhilSkill

If you read the bumpf on gTechniq products they say all these leather feeds are not acheiving as the leather is painted to achieve the colour and so what you are doing is adding goo on top of the painted finish rather than treating the leather, gTechniqs treatment is designed for protecting the finished surface and so will stop dye transfer. Thats the bumpf anyway...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-09-2013 11:55pm
doug

(10-09-2013 11:55pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  If you read the bumpf on gTechniq products they say all these leather feeds are not acheiving as the leather is painted to achieve the colour and so what you are doing is adding goo on top of the painted finish rather than treating the leather, gTechniqs treatment is designed for protecting the finished surface and so will stop dye transfer. Thats the bumpf anyway...

Yes & this leaves a sticky surface which will attract even more dirt. For new leather I would use a leather sealant. The likes of Gliptone (I do have some of this) is better for older warn leather, where the painted surface of the leather has started to break down.

***all the leather creams, will add a shine to the surface. So if your after that mat factory look only use sealants after wiping away any dirt with a very mild cleaner, allowing the leather to fully dry first***

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 12:39pm by doug.)
11-09-2013 10:02am
WB
WB

Tim, I have the gliptones and while I rate them I think the Gtechniq works better to protect pale leathers. You'll also be pleasantly surprised to know that it's cheaper than the gliptones too... Gtechniq L1 is a very reasonable £6 and a massive 500ml W2 which will last you ages as you dilute it costs £8.50!
11-09-2013 10:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Having an Ebony interior I only ever feed/ polish the leather, have never seen any dirt / dye that needs cleaning off!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-09-2013 08:43pm