Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from new member
mark_n

RE: Hello from new member

Your post is a bit short on detail. If you've been driving about in a car for 6 months "doing lots of miles", did you honestly expect the trade-in to remain unchanged? What car are you trading, how old, how many miles, and what trade in is being offered? If the trade-in quote was given to you in writing, what does the small print say?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-05-2012 10:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Morgs

I have done a few miles but not to the extent to drop the part ex offered by that much. I didnt expect it to remain unchanged but i also didnt expect that much of a hit. There was no written quoite originally and I was aware that i would have to renegotiate at the time of purchase. Its just such a hit I am a bit shocked and although the dealer did make me aware of this it still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

I have a 2009 59 plate Jag XF 3.0d luxury in black with full service history and 70000 on the clock. I was offered £17700 part ex in december with 61000 on the clock and £14700 now, which seems low for the car compared to forecourt prices of around £19000. I understand that I will not get forecourt prices but I feel this is a bit low.

However, I have spoken to him today, mentioned this forum and my worries and although the part ex deal hasnt changed, he has offered a few freebies and the finance deal is unbeatable, so it has taken away a bit of the pain.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 10:55am by Morgs.)
11-05-2012 10:54am
steviep

Hi Morgs

I'm having a similar experience to yourself.

I paid my deposit at the end of September at which time they wouldn't give me a trade in price. In December they gave me an indicative price of £8800 (based on December price not when I would get my car), they then gave me the trade in price of £6200 in February and advised me to contact webuyanycar as they give better prices.

I contacted a few Honda dealerships (its a Honda Civic I have) who are giving me £1000 more and as they own the dealership I'm buying from it should be treated as a trade in.

It's been a bit of a sour point for me but now after almost 8 months I get my car in about 10 days.

Enjoy your car.

Stevie

Pure 2.2TD4 5dr, Orkney Grey (Fog Lights; Front Parking Sensors; Automatic Lights and Automatic Wipers)

Deposit paid: 25 Sept 11
Order date: 28 February 12
At dealers: 17 May 12
Collecting: 21 May 12
11-05-2012 01:54pm
Ianpembs

Hi Morgs Im also from Pembs and waiting for a Evoque delivery date in August approx 6 months from ordering, sorry to hear of your blackmailing, I was wondering which dealer you used I can guess it on the coast, North of Cardigan if so Im shocked (and now worried) as that where Im getting mine from. I went there as I have found them to date very good having previously owned Freelander 1 and 2. I think BOBM4N advice is well worth trying as they asked me why I did not go to Swansea, I told them that reports on various LR sites recommended them. So good luck and enjoy your car.
11-05-2012 02:13pm
smayo

Did you know that they normally uses the Glasses guide for prices?

You can go online at http://www.glass.co.uk/?gclid=CNrvoN6t-K...tAodaQMiFA to get a rough price for free, or for a small fee of £3.95 you can input all the details like mileage and optional extras.

Armed with this info, they 'should' be doing this price as they use exactly the same info. They may refer to the actual 'book' rather than the online version which normally means they will ignore the options completely (giving even more profit for them).
If they don't come anywhere near the glasses price, then they don't want the car and are just giving you a token price in the hope that 1. you will sell privately and save them the hassle or 2. If you do trade in then they will make a tidy profit.

Either way, being armed with with what the car is actually worth IMHO is well worth the £3.95 fee.

I did this when I ordered mine, and found that they were offering me a token amount (webuyanycar were offering £2k more than the dealer!), so it made it an easy decision to try and sell privately.

PS Just in case, I have absolutely no association with the glasses guide.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
11-05-2012 02:50pm
Morgs

Hi Ian Pembs, I'm not buying from Aber though I would have if I'd gone there first as my oldest daughter is in Uni there. I'll let you all know how I get on. I have an idea of what its worth as I have a valuation from glasses. webuyanycar offered me £2000 less!!
11-05-2012 04:19pm
Ianpembs

Cheers Morgs in fairness to Aber they gave me a valuation in Feb when I ordered and a forecast price for Aug/Sept delivery date as I based the spec on the forecast price so fingers crossed. On the plus side the Evoques have gone up approx £700 so as long as deposit paid it takes a little sting out of it. Sounds like you getting there good luck and I will keep my eyes peeled locally as not seen one on the road yet, but think the RRE will suit our roads down to the ground.
11-05-2012 04:31pm
Evo-king

My dealer said when we placed our order, that they would not offer a P/Ex valuation until 6 weeks before delivery.

I went in bang on the 6 week point, armed with dealer prices of a comparable car to ours, and the Glass Guide valuation, didn't bother with WBAC as it was rubbish. Eventually, they came up with 3 quotes, the last one was the best and we took it (he did say that we had just lost £800 as the valuation had just been revised), at that point he said that that offer would stand for 2 months, then it would change/drop.

We picked it up at the 8 week point breathing a sigh of relief.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-05-2012 10:37pm
Straydox

(11-05-2012 10:54am)Morgs Wrote:  I have done a few miles but not to the extent to drop the part ex offered by that much. I didnt expect it to remain unchanged but i also didnt expect that much of a hit. There was no written quoite originally and I was aware that i would have to renegotiate at the time of purchase. Its just such a hit I am a bit shocked and although the dealer did make me aware of this it still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

I have a 2009 59 plate Jag XF 3.0d luxury in black with full service history and 70000 on the clock. I was offered £17700 part ex in december with 61000 on the clock and £14700 now, which seems low for the car compared to forecourt prices of around £19000. I understand that I will not get forecourt prices but I feel this is a bit low.

I reckon the dealer has now decided that the Jag XF has high mileage for a 3 year old car - roughly double the annual average so I expect the vehicle will be disposed to auction. In those instances, whilst Glasses Guide is the retail forecourt price/tradein index, the auction price guide the trade almost universally is CAP or the 'Black book' Cap website link.

I'm aware that the used car market is rather volatile right now - anything with an engine capacity much over 2 Litres is worth considerably less than the depreciation projections were set for 2 or 3 years ago because of fuel costs and accelerated depreciation.

I realise (and I'm not in the trade anymore) that such events leave a sour taste because it feels like you are being misled and ripped off but share a thought for the dealer who is trying to trade in an unstable market. I still have a view into the fleet disposal end of the market and know that auction prices are varying wildly week to week for identical cars.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
11-05-2012 11:24pm
Michelle

Surely he must / should have projected the price of your car at 6 months from order time. I'd understand if he'd knocked a few pounds off if your delivery had been delayed a fair bit. Don't let him get away with it! And no he can't keep your Evoque for 2 weeks.
your story makes me angry, i'd like to give him a piece of my mind! Good luck. Keep us informed.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
12-05-2012 08:11am