Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from new member
Belvoirbloke

RE: Hello from new member

I wonder how my experience compares : Have been offered a fixed £26,200 on my 1 year old Freelander HSE (big wheels but miles a bit high at 18000). Offered me that in Feb for Jun delivery. Thats Melton Mobray LR which I would consider a country dealer. LR/Jag in Leicester (city dealer) offered £25000, NOT guaranteed for a similar purchase.
So £1200 difference or maybe worse.
Although the offer is ok by me .. it’s still a £11800 loss in 1year 1month.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
12-05-2012 09:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

RE: Hello from new member

LR still playing games I see! List price for car, rubbish apr and well under list for your part-ex. All because they have a popular car. Makes perfect business sense but leaves a sour taste with those new to the brand.....

Anyway, arm yourself with these tools......

Get a rough idea on part-ex from this:

Glass's Guide

Take a print out to your dealer. I know they use CAP, but its still a good indicator.

If you are having outrageous apr figures quoted. Get them to match this:

M&S Money

If anyone can do better than 6% apr, you are doing better than me!
(11-05-2012 10:54am)Morgs Wrote:  I have done a few miles but not to the extent to drop the part ex offered by that much. I didnt expect it to remain unchanged but i also didnt expect that much of a hit. There was no written quoite originally and I was aware that i would have to renegotiate at the time of purchase. Its just such a hit I am a bit shocked and although the dealer did make me aware of this it still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

I have a 2009 59 plate Jag XF 3.0d luxury in black with full service history and 70000 on the clock. I was offered £17700 part ex in december with 61000 on the clock and £14700 now, which seems low for the car compared to forecourt prices of around £19000. I understand that I will not get forecourt prices but I feel this is a bit low.

However, I have spoken to him today, mentioned this forum and my worries and although the part ex deal hasnt changed, he has offered a few freebies and the finance deal is unbeatable, so it has taken away a bit of the pain.

Yikes, if I have inputted the correct figures into Glass's Guide, part-ex comes in at £14,000!

That will explain why my local Jag garage was offering me over £5k off list on a brand new XF......
Jaguar XF
Luxury
3.0TD Diesel 4-door Saloon
6 Speed Automatic
Rear Wheel Drive
Year: 2009 59
Mileage: 70,000
Estimated value of your car

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £14000
Average condition: £13500
Below average condition: £12500

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 09:29am by Urban Splash.)
12-05-2012 09:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply