Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated steering wheel problem?!
alibeau

RE: Heated steering wheel problem?!

Working well again today, I suppose we can guarantee it will pack in again as the weekend approaches as we have a cold snap forecast Laughing

Fingers crossed it was just a 'blip'......

For me, heated seats and steering wheel are now essential items Wink

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
23-10-2012 11:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My mother noticed the first time she sat in the back of the Evoque that the rear seats were not heated........... all my previous Range Rovers have had heated rear seats as standard. Her comment was "the designers must all be men, they've never sat on a leather uphostered seat on a cold morning wearing a skirt!"

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-10-2012 11:12am
alibeau

(23-10-2012 11:12am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  My mother noticed the first time she sat in the back of the Evoque that the rear seats were not heated........... all my previous Range Rovers have had heated rear seats as standard. Her comment was "the designers must all be men, they've never sat on a leather uphostered seat on a cold morning wearing a skirt!"

LaughingLaughing Love it! I'm not really a 'skirt kinda girl' just a generally cold one......

When Hubby got his new RRS our eldest daughter, aged 8, informed him that she was lovely and warm in the back as she had her heated seat on. Hubby thought she was pulling his leg until he checked the next day only to find the rear seats were indeed heated Laughing

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 11:18am by alibeau.)
23-10-2012 11:18am
Mikey777

Hi Ali,
My smart key has failed to operate for some months and LR advise that both this and heated steering wheel is turned off as battery is low and they are non urgent items
LR advise that a software and hardware fix is coming down the track and will be available ASAP
To be fair LR call me every week with an update even if it is the same position
I don't know when ASAP will be delivered but this should give you a reason why!
Regards,
MikeEvil

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
23-10-2012 06:32pm
suneetakumari
Banned

I can get my hands on a cheap heated steering wheel combo
25-10-2012 11:01am
XFullFatTim

Well you won't be holding any heated steering wheels here any more. Having posted spams in your other posts you are now banned.
Spams are not tolerated on this forum and without warning you get banned.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2012 11:21am by XFullFatTim.)
25-10-2012 11:20am
fstfwd

(22-10-2012 09:30pm)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  I have noticed that my heated steering wheel does not get very warm. Comparing it to BMW's that I have owned, they get much warmer.

The Evoque one is barely lukewarm. Do people notice there's getting really warm ?

I wonder if my steering wheel is defective - or if they are all like that

Actually I was thinking the same thing. Just turned in my '05 BMW X5 for the Evoque and that steering wheel used to get nice and toasty, really fast too. The one on the Evoque is adequate. It warms up to about the point where the X5 actually would lower too - to simply maintain temp.

2012 Range Rover Evoque
Santorini Black / Ebony
Pure Premium / Illuminated Tread Plates / Luggage Bar
21-11-2012 04:37am
XFullFatTim

You need to get it looked at because mine gets really warm within about 2 minutes

21-11-2012 10:39am
XFullFatTim

My heated steering wheel didn't switch on today in -2c but I was able to be toasty warm with the seat heaters and the heater turned up to 25. When I returned to the car after doing what I had to do and restarted I tried the steering wheel heater again - within 30 seconds toasty hot so either the boot up at start missed the heated steering wheel or starting up one seat heater and the cabin heater on a high setting puts too much power demand on the "unsmart" alternator that it reduces the number of consumers to reduce the load when the car is cold.

25-11-2012 12:07am
anton

Our car has been into Stratstones today to fix the heated steering wheel as they couldnt do it when it went in 2 weeks ago for its first service as i had already gave them a big list to fix when it went in.So they come to collect the vehicle leave a smart car at the wifes place of work but dont leave the keys as they havnt a courtasy car to borrow her.The car comes back late afternoon onto the car park at a rate of knots with their driver in it with nearly 40 miles of petrol gone with the dealer possably 6 miles round trip away.Anyway we have had a new steering wheel fitted but still the heater does not work,i shall be having stern words with the manager of the dealership as i see this is not a right way of doing buisness as regards collecting cars and thrashing 50ks worth of car around.Mad
29-11-2012 11:46pm