Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated Steering Wheel?
evoquemayne

Heated Steering Wheel?

Just intrigued, I don't have the car yet.

I was wondering, is there a button to activate it? How exactly is it controlled? Can't seem to find anything on this, even having searched the bible.
23-05-2012 10:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrey1302

RE: Heated Steering Wheel?

(23-05-2012 10:56am)evoquemayne Wrote:  Just intrigued, I don't have the car yet.

I was wondering, is there a button to activate it? How exactly is it controlled? Can't seem to find anything on this, even having searched the bible.

yeah, theres a button on the left bottom side (kinda on the inside of the wheel)

if you've seen a cruise control cancel button, its basically exactly the same.

BTW its a really great feature and heats up the steering wheel very quickly Smile

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
23-05-2012 11:01am
evoquemayne

Great, thanks. I went for it and I'm glad to see there's a dedicated, easy to use switch.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 11:39am by evoquemayne.)
23-05-2012 11:38am
Urban Splash

Anyone know if a heated steering wheel can be retrofitted? Fancy one for winter but didn't spec one originally. At the time the mrs said that a heated steering wheel is called 'gloves'.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
29-09-2012 02:26pm
vcanals

Here you have some info:

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
29-09-2012 02:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes they can be retrofitted, it requires a whole new steering wheel and I suspect it may not be plug and play - your friendly local dealership should be able to sell you one or contact Dan@Duckworths

BTW on a cold morning it is a great option to have if your car sits outside overnight. I've had it on my last 3 cars and won't even look at another car that doesn't offer it in the future. It's another of those "you think it's not necessary but proves to be indispensable" options like the powered tailgate.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2012 02:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-09-2012 02:35pm
N1C

(29-09-2012 02:26pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Anyone know if a heated steering wheel can be retrofitted? Fancy one for winter but didn't spec one originally. At the time the mrs said that a heated steering wheel is called 'gloves'.....

I have been looking into this as well, initially thought it was a gimmick but now really coming round to the idea!
This is what I have found (they even have a DIY video guide)

http://www.powerfuluk.com/products/range...fiber.html (not affiliated in any way)

Mauritius blue Dynamic 5dr
29-09-2012 02:35pm
alibeau

Probably the best £180 I have ever spent Thumbs Up

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
29-09-2012 03:03pm
invoke

Its something worth having in a car, especially on cold mornings... Turn it on and in few sec you will have a nice and cozy steering wheel.

Downside: the seams in the leather don't warm up - weird !!

Question I have is, does it turn off automatically after reaching certain temperature... never used on long rides, don't know if prolong use can damage leather plastic etc ?
29-09-2012 03:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes it is does

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-09-2012 04:25pm