Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
IvorRedOne

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

(26-01-2013 12:01pm)tetstb Wrote:  More rattles than mother care. Centre console creaks and rattles, tailgate rattles, rattle from behind instruments , all in all I've given up counting and just play the stereo loud but not too loud as the passenger door speaker rattles.

Seems you got a Friday car. Only annoying sound I have is the passenger seatbelt rattling against the frame occasionally. Hope you get sorted out.
20-02-2013 01:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anorak

When I left the dealership the front speakers rattled at high volume from day one otherwise tight.

After 3000km the list is as follows.
Rattle front passenger dash
Rattle rear speaker grills. You can see the unused wire sitting there loose.
Centre console creaks slightly near climate controls.
All doors creak when turning tightly into driveways etc.
Clunk in right front end over harsh bumps. Could happen on both sides but can't tell from driver's seat.
Rear hatch alignment poor.
Right rear panel / guard alignment from the 80s i.e. all over the place.

I was going to get them sorted when I took it in for a 10000km halfway service but they are all getting worse. It is a bit embarrassing to drive when you have people in the car when it is so new.

My dealer has an excellent reputation selling a range of prestige brands so I should be ok. I do wonder how hard they are working on keeping that reputation with the LR brand.

My new Evoque doesn't seem as shiny anymore.
FYI.
I reckon the rattles come from a wiring loom thrown into the car in a hurry, including the speakers.
The creaks are just chassis braces and bolts need a tighten. It has happened to another new car I have owned.
The front end Clunk is the same as reported elsewhere on babyrr.
The panel fit comes from Liverpool.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 11:19am by Anorak.)
22-02-2013 11:09am
benzina

(18-02-2013 12:10pm)benzina Wrote:  I've got a slight rattle that has only recently developed,and it seems to be coming from the left rear door. Not 100% sure yet, but after some different process of elimination tests, i have come to find that it seems to disappear when i lower the window a touch from being fully closed.

JOY!!!... Fixed the rattle by cleaning and the applying Autoglym rubber treatment to the window frame seal channels,
This fix seems logical too, because beforehand, i was able to stop the rattle by lowering the window a few mm's and thus, i'd say it would have probably been coming from the top window frame channel.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
14-03-2013 12:42pm
PhilSkill

(14-03-2013 12:42pm)benzina Wrote:  JOY!!!... Fixed the rattle by cleaning and the applying Autoglym rubber treatment to the window frame seal channels,
This fix seems logical too, because beforehand, i was able to stop the rattle by lowering the window a few mm's and thus, i'd say it would have probably been coming from the top window frame channel.

Autoglym Silicon Spray seems to work really well too, designed to protect rubber and give water resistance, also stops the doors freezing up with that strip allong the top edge that is prone for water to get between and freeze.

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product-p...LG&Range=1

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-03-2013 03:02pm
benzina

(14-03-2013 03:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Autoglym Silicon Spray seems to work really well too, designed to protect rubber and give water resistance, also stops the doors freezing up with that strip allong the top edge that is prone for water to get between and freeze.

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product-p...LG&Range=1

Yep, that sounds even better PhilSkill, infact it sounds ideal. Will have to get some of that and treat all the seals just the same....cheers.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 01:57am by benzina.)
15-03-2013 01:54am
benzina

I ended up buying some ''Lanox'' spray lubricant which i am told is one of the best products of it's type,and because it's naturally based, is also totally safe to use on almost any surface including plastics,rubber etc etc.....
Here's a link to the product .. http://www.inox-mx3.com/product_detail.php?productID=3
I believe many of the Evoques that have perceived rattles , may be suffering from mere friction sounds of certain material surfaces slightly rubbing together around the cabin,such as door / window seals,and the center consul build joins like where the alloy beams meet plastic panels etc.
My right rear window friction rattle of window glass and rubber (see above), is the perfect example,and after some frustration trying to work out what and where it was ,it ended up being fixed so easily with a bit of lube.
So after the joy of fixing my rattle with such simplicity, i decided to go over all door and window seals,the gap where the A-pillar meets the dash top, plus in between the center consul join gap, where the alloy beems lay side by side with plastic panels.
This car was basically very quiet after i fixed the rear door friction rattle a few days ago, but after that easy friction fix, and knowing i still had the very occasional and intermittent buzz or ticking sounds coming from the friction of parts within and around the cabin.... i thought why not go over all the main culprits, and see if i can vanquish them once and for all ........ so far,soooo quiet!!!
This is something anyone can do as a first process of elimination.
Summary - anyone with a rattle or buzzes..... the simple friction of joining material surface's should never be underestimated.
I must say it is a testament to the Evoque on how nice and quite it is,and that it's also the reason we can hear anything that should not be there.

(This post was last modified: 17-03-2013 05:28am by benzina.)
17-03-2013 02:27am
Rootsboy

Have you got a rattle or two?

Got mine back from the dealer with the rattle form the rear parcel shelf fixed. Looks like they have put a totally new parcel shelf in. The new one has a velvet like texture.
I think the vibration noise from the sunroof has also gone.
I'm just waiting on a new wing mirror now. They are hoping that will fix the noise coming from that area ever since they swapped a bit of silver trim out on the drivers door.
My dealer has a habit if fixing some thing and the making another problem.
This time round I found spots of black/ Gary paint on parts of the white bodywork around the tailgate area. I don't think try could have covered up those areas to well while they did a quick spray job on the ware marks that where on the inside of the tailgate.
Was quite fed up with them at this point and also in a rush to leave to pick up the kids. So just got it home and polished out the spots myself as don't trust them to do it well.
27-03-2013 11:46pm
smokeyhill

Loving the car, but I had the front roof lining rattle that has been reported a few times here. Noticed the rattle after first week of ownership.
Took it back to the dealership, but they were no use, saying they could not hear anything even though I could hear it constantly.
So I tried the DIY route, by dropping the overhead console to get at 'it', following some helpful advice posted on these forums, but I just could not work out how to do it. I managed to dig my fingers between the roof lining and the windscreen and could feel the cable loom in there. But my rattle was more a plasticy tap-tap noise for me.
I tried pushing foam in the front of the lining where the pano roof meets the roof lining (above passengers head) to see if that would calm the rattle but to no avail.
So this evening in removing the foam I got a bit, ahem, aggressive Embarrassed, and in pulling the headlining down from the panoramic roof side, the whole roof lining suddenly popped off with a loud snapping noise and dropped a few inches.
So I am thinking I have just broken my rather expensive cars roof, and getting a little bit worried. But pushing it back firmly in place and I heard the same loud click it made when it came down so assume there are some clips holding it up.
Anyways, pushing it back in place and the rattle is definitely gone - hurrah!! So perhaps a holding clip issue..?
Took it for my usual late evening drive and without the rattle it really is like a new car. So happy, really did not realize how much it was annoying me. Shame the dealership couldn't help, but hey got there in the end. Very Happy

SD4 Pure, 5 door, White with Lunar interior, Fogs, Pano, Style 4 wheels, Mats, Auto lights and wipers.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 12:47am by smokeyhill.)
11-04-2013 12:14am
Wicksy

If anyone still has the annoying rattle from the rear give this solution a try

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic5086-15.html

Its worked for me whilst waiting for Stratstone Newcastle to get back to me regarding booking the Evoque in for a fourth attempt at solving the problem, this time around they were going to remove the roof lining - amazing when you think how simple this fix has been.
25-04-2013 08:02am
AussieRR

Hi all.... Im from Australia and I have a SD4 Dynamic 2012 and I can honestly say I am utterly disappointed with the build of this car. I have rattles coming from the door trims, Roof liner, Windscreen trim panels, Rear spoiler and interior pillar trims pretty much everywhere. I took it to the closes dealership for my first service and to get them looked at the rattles about 8 months ago and lets just say 8 months later two windscreens, three spoilers, two roof liners, a rear parcel tray and all new door seals it is still not fixed... I have had a look at some of the panels now myself and found multiple broken panels and panel anchorage points, missing and damaged clips all this damage has been caused by the dealership and after numerous calls, emails and face book posts to both Range Rover and the dealership I am still no closer to having my car corrected. I spent about 90k on this car and I would have been better buying something around 20k would have better service and a better build. Good luck to all of you with your issues and I hope you dont get the same service as me.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 11:37am by AussieRR.)
15-07-2013 11:35am