Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
Ricvifarho

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

Sorry if this is an old rattle, but could not find in forum...

Mine is a B-pillar rattle, only evident from the offside pillar on right hand bends, and the nearside pillar on left handers..centrifugal force moving something within the pillars..
Any thoughts folks?
Car is now on 26000 miles and still fun!

Btw, a good fluid to use to fix squeaks re window rubbers etc is Krytox lubricant, can find on eBay.

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
15-01-2014 01:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nichu010

Hi,
Bought my evoque dynamic with sunroof in november.. Have been getting rattling sound coming from sunroof console when driving through highways opeven on mild uneven tarmac.. Been to the dealer thrice.. But they cant solve the issue,,i had to keep car overnight in dealership couple of times.. But still its not getting anywhere.. They removed the panel and tightened it, removed the roof panel and refixed it with nil resolve... Plz help
26-02-2014 04:37am
Straydox

I had that rattle, the factory sent down techs to the dealer, they removed the overhead console, wrapped the circuit board in there with foam and refitted it, rattle fixed.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
26-02-2014 12:57pm
PhilSkill

Yep, had my headliing removed and refitted the circuit board, excellent job, rattle solved.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-02-2014 02:46pm
KaDargo

I have updated mine to 'more than 2', as each door seems to be taking it in turns to buzz & rattle for a week or so - NOT what I expected from a Range Rover (I gave my 10 year old Focus to my daughter and that is still quieter Shocked )

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
26-02-2014 03:01pm
Nichu010

But the rattle seems to go away whil putting pressure over the console.. did u had same problem?
26-02-2014 04:43pm
Rootsboy

Have you got a rattle or two?

Nichu010 I had a a rattling sound coming from that area. I found it was where the blind from the sunroof joins the area above your head. The dealers put a bit of soft tape up there to stop the vibration from where the join was not great, just put your finger up and put some pressure on the blind when driving on rough ground and see if it stops

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
26-02-2014 09:51pm
Jagvoque

I have a tizzzzzy noise from the overhead console lighting/switchpack and another clicky sound from the Drivers seatback. Overhead rattle stops when putting pressure on the panel.

Regards,

Peter
2013 Evoque SDI Dynamic | Orkney Grey/Black
2000 Jag XKR Convertible | Sapphire/Ivory
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 10:48pm by Jagvoque.)
27-02-2014 10:45pm
Nichu010

The car is in service centre today to get rattle fixed( another service centre). hopefully they will sort it out
05-03-2014 03:13am
Nichu010

yay, atlast, the rattle got fixed.. problem was with the black coloured panel which consists of sunroof switches..the mechanic used a glue or something to fix one side.. anyways... am happy now..
special thanks to pete who escalated the issue to land rover Australia, which made them bit more interested in this issueVery Happy
05-03-2014 10:11am