Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
Neo

Mine just started to rattle slightly on occasions

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
29-09-2012 09:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

After being quiet for the 1st 6,000 miles mine has starting rattling like a salvation army collecting tin on Christmas eve, both front doors, a vibrating resonance from the tailgate area and the pano roof blind when shut.

Now back at the supplying dealer for the 4th time with the service manager having driven it also saying that it is completely unacceptable. I have an April 2012 SD4 Prestige Auto Lux as a loaner and it is absolutely perfect - no squeaks or rattles at all.

The service manager told me that as the closest dealer to the LR Gaydon HQ they have an LR engineer allocated and acts as link to Halewood...

Depressingly I kind of don't expect the rattles to be fixed for long. Its a lease car belonging to one of the really big companies so expect disatisfaction will be escalated rapidly.

Fingers crossed that it gets fixed.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
15-10-2012 05:20pm
Neo

I had four rattles in my car and they were fixed by the dealer promptly, albeit it took 2 goes to identify them. The car is now rattle free and the driving experience is so quiet and smooth!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
15-10-2012 09:56pm
pugracer

I just got one started. It sounded like leather or plastic rubbing, and coming from the B pillar when I'm in my driver's seat. When my wife sat behind, she said it was from either the rear right door or the C pillar. I have yet to locate what it is. Annoying...

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
16-10-2012 01:11pm
Wicksy

Hi Benzina

I have the same rattle from the rear that you once had - the car was in for a service so I mentioned it and they have done bugger all about it - Stratstone Newcastle - they are totally useless and dont give a jot as long as you have coughed up your cashEvil

Is the fix that you mention possible to be carried out diy? - if so does it mean removing the headlining etc. I'm not too sure on how I would do thatEmbarrassed

Thanks in advance
(08-06-2012 10:19am)benzina Wrote:  GREAT NEWS!!! My rattle status has changed, and i'm in the ''I HAD A RATTLE,BUT THEY FIXED IT COLUMN''!! My single rattle has been found and resolved!!!....
After a third attempt at my dealers, and process of elimination , today was the day, and in the end, it turned out to be easy to get to,and easy to fix.
It was NOT inside the left rear corner compartment as first thought.....It was a clip that holds wires running along inside the LEFT REAR ROOF LINING. In this case it was located ( hatch door open) , through the top left door seal /roof lining (See pic below)
This particular clip was NOT fastened,and as such, was tapping against some metal.
After the technician explained where he found the problem, i test drove it to be sure it was gone, and yup, i just could not believe it, it's gone!!! I'm so happy.
If your one of the unlucky ones who have a rattle,but you end up resolving it,you can undo your rattle vote,and put your vote in the " I had a rattle but they fixed it'' column. I am thrilled to say, i'm in this column now. This is a BIG WIN for me, as i'm very sensative to noise.

The unsecured clip was found in here....
[Image: rattlefrictionlocations001.jpg]

NOTE : Complements must also go to the dealership service over this matter....they were fantastic!!
02-01-2013 07:58pm
benzina

Hi Wicksy,

If it is the exact same problem area as mine was, then it would be a case of pulling the seal away,and pulling down that part of the headlining enough to see if the wiring loom is secure or not. If it is as mine was ( where a clip was NOT fastened, allowing the wiring to tap on something),then it would just be a case of fastening and securing the wiring loom, and then making sure you get the seal refitted perfectly.
Having said that,i do worry about taking trim apart myself incase i strike a problem and can't get it back together factory perfect,so i would always recommend exhausting the dealer service first, but i would think this particular area should be o.k to slowly and carefully look into yourself if your good with your hands. Goodluck, and hope your rattle free soon.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 01:52am by benzina.)
03-01-2013 01:44am
Wicksy

(03-01-2013 01:44am)benzina Wrote:  Hi Wicksy,

If it is the exact same problem area as mine was, then it would be a case of pulling the seal away,and pulling down that part of the headlining enough to see if the wiring loom is secure or not. If it is as mine was ( where a clip was NOT fastened, allowing the wiring to tap on something),then it would just be a case of fastening and securing the wiring loom, and then making sure you get the seal refitted perfectly.
Having said that,i do worry about taking trim apart myself incase i strike a problem and can't get it back together factory perfect,so i would always recommend exhausting the dealer service first, but i would think this particular area should be o.k to slowly and carefully look into yourself if your good with your hands. Goodluck, and hope your rattle free soon.
Thanks Benzina, I'm sure my problem is identical to the one you used to have - I will give the fix a go at the weekend.Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 07:22pm by Wicksy.)
03-01-2013 07:22pm
benzina

Lets us know how you go, and if you can take a picture of what you see in there that would be great, as my fix was just described to me by the dealer technician, and i'm still curious as to the set-up inside there. Cheers.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
04-01-2013 01:43am
san28

(04-05-2012 04:57am)olde Wrote:  Buzz in dashboard, maybe a stray wire?
Me too. Have you solved it?
09-01-2013 12:49pm
Rootsboy

(15-10-2012 05:20pm)Straydox Wrote:  a vibrating resonance from the tailgate area and the pano roof blind when shut.

yes Straydox i also have these same two rattles. from what i can make out one is the parcel shelf making the noise. i found today on one side that the retaining clip is not holding the shelf in place firmly, so i will be getting the dealer to sort that out, seeing as they did not find that out when the car was last in.
im still not sure about the sound from the headlining though, its defiantly a vibration that only occurs when the sunroof blind is shut, and i notice it happens at around 1400rpm.
funny as on another post on this forum somebody mentions a vibration though the steering wheel at the same rpm, i kind of only feel that very subtlety, but i can hear it a lot.
i will try and get a friend to come for a drive with me one day, and see if we can find it, as i can trust my dealer to bother trying.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
25-01-2013 11:59pm