Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
mk82

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

In London another one is frusterated that its Evoque is delayed. Its called "Beast of Bushy".. Sorry, but just saw a picture in german papers. Smile

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
13-10-2011 12:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EVO PUNDITT

On the streets of London and other parts of the country you will find guys pushing trolleys collecting scrap metal, I think they are working for Land Rover as they have run out of metal,hence the delays

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
13-10-2011 01:08pm
moonigan

My 5 door Dynamic should have been sat on my drive last Tuesday yet I'm still waiting. Apparantly the car is built and the dealer is waiting for it to arrive. You would think they could get them down the east lancs road pretty quickly.
18-10-2011 03:22pm
caroline11000

(18-10-2011 03:22pm)moonigan Wrote:  My 5 door Dynamic should have been sat on my drive last Tuesday yet I'm still waiting. Apparantly the car is built and the dealer is waiting for it to arrive. You would think they could get them down the east lancs road pretty quickly.
At least it is built so you know it won't be long before you can get behind the wheel!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
18-10-2011 03:28pm
cjfp

I'll be Halewood direction over the weekend so I'll try and get some photos of what's what.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-10-2011 03:35pm
hybris

The latest info for my order. Did get a November production slot.

Current info is that all November orders for Prestige and Dynamic is delayed due to xenon issues. It will "probably" be sorted out in January. Meaning my order could "probably" go into production in January but no commitment on that.

That is what I know. I would not shoot the messenger (my dealer / channel dist) as they are also in the same world of pain.

But Land Rover need to get their act together on this. I would like to get a committed date within a week or two max! Not a "guess".

Still amazed on the customer management from Land Rover! Wow! They should not go into mass market with a car like the Evoque. They are not prepared...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 10:02pm by hybris.)
18-10-2011 04:18pm
MAC

My car was originally due for delivery on 30th October. Then two weeks ago it slipped a day to 31st, just had call from dealer to say car is built and should be with them in next couple of days!! A glimmer of hope for all of you still waiting, it MAY be earlier than you've been told. Hoping to collect at weekend. Can't wait!
18-10-2011 05:09pm
mark_n

I wish we knew what the Xenon issue really is. At one level, of course, there's no headlight to hand to install in the car when it's made. But why not?

Is it simply a production scheduling problem at the manufacturer - are they too busy producing Xenons for, let's say, Hyundais to bother with this piffling top-up order from "Land Loaver"? Is there a shortage of parts making up the headlight because they're made in Fukushima and have gone radioactive? Are they in transit from China to the UK aboard some container ship which is taking forever to get here because noone had the foresight to send them by air?

Who knows? I assume LR do and they are not saying because of the amount of egg which would then be visible on their faces.
(18-10-2011 05:09pm)MAC Wrote:  My car was originally due for delivery on 30th October. Then two weeks ago it slipped a day to 31st, just had call from dealer to say car is built and should be with them in next couple of days!! A glimmer of hope for all of you still waiting, it MAY be earlier than you've been told. Hoping to collect at weekend. Can't wait!

Yes, good news for you. Does it have Xenons?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 05:16pm by mark_n.)
18-10-2011 05:15pm
hybris

I heard that the did not expect everyone to order Xenon... Extremely bad planning! If you go into production with a concept car look / design. The customers that like this do you think that they would not order xenons that make out a large part of the looks??? Amazing! They seem to have no clue about the market... So my take is really bad planning around how many would add xenon!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
18-10-2011 05:24pm
berlin2011

To add to glimmer of hope - my original delivery date was 1 Dec. Current ETA is 10 days earlier i.e. four and a bit weeks away (Xenons and Pano Roof included).

This being a Sept build, originally 16th but pushed out to 24/9 - long lead time to delivery being due to shipping half way across the world... Had I been in the UK I would've picked up this week.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
18-10-2011 06:38pm