Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone waited longer than me???
stodman

RE: Has anyone waited longer than me???

Hi Guys - thanks again for your posts. Ordered from Farrnells in Leeds (not my local dealer). Its a base spec TD4 White - no extras. Based on the above experiences looks like I have been well and truely messed around.

Lets hope JLR come back to me today.....
24-07-2012 09:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Isotonic

Ordered my Si4 in February for July/August delivery. The dealer called me a couple of months ago to tell me that production of petrol models had been pushed back and I could expect delivery around November. I told him to forget it and put me at the top of the 2013 list instead. No such thing as "top of the list", of course. My wait will start again when the order goes in, but I couldn't handle waiting most of 2012 to finally take delivery of a car that would be last year's model within a month.

Ordered Feb, 2012. Arrived March 2013: Si4 Dynamic 5dr. Firenze red, Vortex interior, black panoramic roof, style 7 wheels & adaptive dynamics (unfortunately both are options on the Australian Dynamic), tech pack, sat nav, convenience pack, surround cameras, keyless entry.
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 12:37pm by Isotonic.)
24-07-2012 12:36pm
Urban Splash

I think your dealer is lifting his leg....

Just cancel. Go elsewhere. They are obviously not allocating build slots fairly...

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
24-07-2012 12:47pm
stodman

A series of emails today - from Dealer and JLR - obviously no movement on delivery date and the usual explanation around high demand and dealership allocations.

No concessions made albeit case will be reviewed upon delivery. In my mind its a case of trying to defend the indefendable. The key take-out/advice is that you should try and order your car from a rural dealership as there is likely to be less demand and faster order times....albeit the Oxford/Bristol/Swindon dealerships I contacted back in May could all supply me a order slot in Sept - still doesnt stack up (not to mention the above poster who ordered in australia and received in a shorter time frame than mine).
24-07-2012 06:09pm
A12DY B

I think I may know why this has happened or could be a coinsidence

2012 (12) Dynamic 5dr SD4 Auto, fuji White/black Roof, style 7 wheels, black headlining, black leather, 825w Meridian,
24-07-2012 06:43pm
cjfp

Not a leading statement at all .... Come on then, pls tell.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
24-07-2012 06:49pm
stodman

(24-07-2012 06:43pm)A12DY B Wrote:  I think I may know why this has happened or could be a coinsidence

Come on then spill the beans!
24-07-2012 07:37pm
hondafreak

Has anyone waited longer than me???

As a concession my dealer gave me a Jag XKR-S for a half day and my wife is invited to a full day offroad training from LR
[Image: 5c6839d3-efa6-1028.jpg]

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
24-07-2012 07:55pm
A12DY B

Right obviously this is not definite, but I have just bought an evoque from Farnells on Bradford road Leeds.

Mine was a customers mis placed order, it arrived in march but was supposed to have a pano roof. The dealership then changed an order they had in the system to the guys original spec, which arrived in June/July and I bought the one that arrived in the wrong spec which they gave him to use until it arrived.

As said it may be a coincidence but when you mentioned the dealer and the dates involved it made me think

2012 (12) Dynamic 5dr SD4 Auto, fuji White/black Roof, style 7 wheels, black headlining, black leather, 825w Meridian,
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 08:02pm by A12DY B.)
24-07-2012 08:01pm
stodman

(24-07-2012 07:55pm)hondafreak Wrote:  As a concession my dealer gave me a Jag XKR-S for a half day and my wife is invited to a full day offroad training from LR
[Image: 5c6839d3-efa6-1028.jpg]

That is a great gesture! Hope you put it to some good use! Thanks for sharing your story!
(24-07-2012 08:01pm)A12DY B Wrote:  Right obviously this is not definite, but I have just bought an evoque from Farnells on Bradford road Leeds.

Mine was a customers mis placed order, it arrived in march but was supposed to have a pano roof. The dealership then changed an order they had in the system to the guys original spec, which arrived in June/July and I bought the one that arrived in the wrong spec which they gave him to use until it arrived.

As said it may be a coincidence but when you mentioned the dealer and the dates involved it made me think
Could well be - all it takes is one mistake like that and the whole order book gets pushed back. Got home tonite to fine a lr questionnaire to fill out - I guess that will be another wasted 5 mins of my life filling that in.....
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 08:38pm by stodman.)
24-07-2012 08:34pm