Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone had their Evoque written off?
Chunkstar

Has anyone had their Evoque written off?

Is the assessor that has seen your vehicle from your insurers or the third parties insurers? If they are from the responsible parties insurers then this is why they are suggesting repair. They will want to keep the claim cost to a minimum as they will almost certainly have to admit liability as it was a rear end shunt. I would talk to your own insurers and claim via your policy. Your insurers should be confident in a full recovery as it's unlikely liability would be in dispute. You would have to pay your excess but this would be pretty straight forward to recover or if you have legal expenses they would recover this for you. A lot of insurers will try and arrange repairs for the other persons car if their insured is liable so that they can keep costs to a minimum. If you haven't already I would contact your insurers urgently.
23-09-2012 11:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Has anyone had their Evoque written off?

That has almost certainly twisted the roof as it is sloping down sharper than normal.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
24-09-2012 12:33am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colski

(24-09-2012 12:33am)The Valeter Wrote:  That has almost certainly twisted the roof as it is sloping down sharper than normal.

Both these doors are closed tight - you can see the entire shell out of shape. Neither door is actually damaged or bent!

C
24-09-2012 01:13am
colski

Well, it has taken a lot of time and a lot of insistence, but heard today that the 3rd party insurance company is writing off my Evoque. Hoping to settle on Monday.

Now, I need to order a new one. What kind of waiting time for the Prestige, folks?
And - how does the Dynamic's performance compare to the Prestige?
I had the Prestige auto and the lag in it was quite something...

Cheers and thanks for all the help!
C
12-10-2012 11:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No difference in performance between the two Colski, same body, same engine, different trims.
Differences:-
the Dynamic gets the extra function on the Terrain Response and the magnetic ride struts as standard that are an option on the Prestige.
Dynamic gets a different body kit
Dynamic gets 20" wheels as standard.
Prestige gets no cost metallic paint and what some folks believe to be better leather.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 09:33am by XFullFatTim.)
13-10-2012 09:32am