Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone had their Evoque written off?
colski

Has anyone had their Evoque written off?

Hello friends

Yesterday my wife and children were involved in quite a bad RTA - parked at lights and a guy coming from behind doesn't stop and hits them at 40-50mph. He had 3 dogs running around the inside of the car. Him and his mother taken to hospital on stretchers - their car is a write off. My wife and kids got out without a scratch thank God. I haven't seen the evoque but the back end is bad looking - the whole boot and back end is warped and the rear passenger door wont open which makes me think the chassis is maybe twisted.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I don't have GAP insurance (as the value of a used car is the same as a new one). If it happened to you, was yours repaired or written off?

Would love some help.

Thanks guys

Colin
16-09-2012 12:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Has anyone had their Evoque written off?

Sorry to hear that the car is so badly damaged, great to hear your family are uninjured. If it is written off you could be in for a long wait for a replacement, was it less than a year old as most companies will replace less than 12 months old with new. One thing that will influence them is cost of giving you a rental car while yours is being repaired - sometimes that can really push up the total repair costs into write off. If it is to be repaired you must insist that the car is repaired at a Land Rover approved repairers to retain your 3 year warranty, the other party's insurer will doubtless want to send your car to their cheapest repairers, put your foot down and insist on LR repairers.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 12:18pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-09-2012 12:14pm
jitenc

Sorry to hear about the RTA. Hope your wife and children are ok now.
Glad to know that the Evoque can withstand an impact from behind.
The Euro NCAP tests are quite useful to know:

http://www.euroncap.com/results/range_ro...1/469.aspx

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
16-09-2012 12:29pm
colski

(16-09-2012 12:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sorry to hear that the car is so badly damaged, great to hear your family are uninjured. If it is written off you could be in for a long wait for a replacement, was it less than a year old as most companies will replace less than 12 months old with new. One thing that will influence them is cost of giving you a rental car while yours is being repaired - sometimes that can really push up the total repair costs into write off. If it is to be repaired you must insist that the car is repaired at a Land Rover approved repairers to retain your 3 year warranty, the other party's insurer will doubtless want to send your car to their cheapest repairers, put your foot down and insist on LR repairers.

Hi - yes it's 9.5 months old - and thanks very much for the good advice. It's a shame but I hope they do write it off - especially if there is chassis damage.

C
16-09-2012 05:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My experience of a damaged car after an RTA was that it never drove the same again, yes writing it off would be the preferred action fromyour point of view but unless you take a car that is in dealer stock you will have a long wait to get a replacement, although some very nice used ones are coming up for sale on the forum now that the insurer might be prepared to buy for you!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-09-2012 05:58pm
Griff449

Wouldn't know just how much force to damage the Evoque chassis but my Golft GT got rear ended two years ago and that got written off and insurer deemed it too expensive to repair.

Re-ordered with a slight loss as nothing available from stock

As long as the family is ok that's the main thing

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
16-09-2012 06:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colski

Thanks very much lads. I do love the spec I have/had - so I'll be pushing for exact like-for-like from the insurers.
It still seems that a brand new order is cheaper than ones in forecourts.
Anyone know what the order lead time is?

C
16-09-2012 07:40pm
Barton Evoque

Anything from 3 to 6 months i would guess depends on your dealers allocation each month.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
16-09-2012 08:01pm
The Valeter

(16-09-2012 07:40pm)colski Wrote:  Thanks very much lads. I do love the spec I have/had - so I'll be pushing for exact like-for-like from the insurers.
It still seems that a brand new order is cheaper than ones in forecourts.
Anyone know what the order lead time is?
C

What model Evoque do you have and what car hit yours?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
16-09-2012 09:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biker

I'm not sure if is country specific, but in my experience when there is damage to the chassis it will be written off.
This is mostly notable if you look down the side of the roof line or bottom line below the doors between front and back wheels. Any bends there might indicate chassis damage. If you say the back door does not open, it does sound serious enough to be written off. Sounds like damage might have occurred to chassis between areas mentioned above.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
17-09-2012 06:21am