Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Happy Motoring?
Cedric

RE: Happy Motoring?

(16-02-2013 07:21pm)j7david Wrote:  Very happy with my Evoque, 35mpg SD4 Auto, 17000miles all good, but I don't know why they can't make the SatNav as good as what you can get on an iPad for a fraction of the price.

Yes the rear leg room and bootspace could be better, but that's something we know about before purchasing.

The bootspace is massive compared to the Q3 Very Happy

I joined the forum while waiting for the car, but I guess some registered because they had problems. My rear windscreen washer broke down, but I'm waiting for the next service to have it fixed.

Apart from that I haven't had any problems at all. It's not a perfect car, but the handling is just awesome.
19-02-2013 12:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrisell

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'm going for a test drive on friday - not ordered one yet - but living in the US there's plenty around to be able to pick one up without much delay. I've looked through this forum and evoqueownersclub and yes - there do seem to be plenty of nay-sayers, but there also seem to be plenty of people on the other side of the fence too.
I figure when I read a review of something online, I can reject all the 1-star and 5-star reviews and the truth lies somewhere in between. 5-star reviews are people blinded by their purchase who can't and won't see the faults. 1-star reviews are from people with an axe to grind (in public).
My current ride is a VW Tiguan - 2010 model - and I still really like it. But to this day it has a couple of unresolved internal rattles and a persistent knock from the front right suspension that - even after a complete suspension rebuild at 400 miles - has never gone away. So if you'd asked me about my Tiguan in the first couple of months, I'd have been in the 1-star category. (5 dealer visits, a suspension rebuild and never a good resolution). Three years down the line, I'm now in the 'living with it' mode. I'm hoping the same is true for the Evoque: a few very high profile sour lemons will always take centerstage whilst the the quietly content owners say nothing.
To put it into perspective, I can almost trump any horror story with a long and sorry episode with my local Triumph motorcycle dealer 4 years ago. A simple failure to diagnose a clutch problem resulted in me without the bike for 18 weeks. I got corporate involved both here in the US and back in the UK. They ended up buying me a new motorbike and pulling the franchise from the dealership (who ultimately have now gone out of business).
So if I decide to buy an Evoque, and it doesn't spend the first 5 weeks in the workshops, and I'm not without it for 18 weeks, it will be an improvement over my last two vehicle purchases....

On a more relevant note though - did the dead battery issue on the Evoque ever get cleared up or are owners still suffering this 'infamous' issue to this day?

Chris.
25-02-2013 10:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

I cannot complain about the evoque really, it has had one issue which was a blocked fuel filter. This was fixed on my drive within 24hrs. Its nice to drive, and is comfortable.

Its reliability compares favourably with my previous scirocco which was at the dealers about 5 times with faults before it needed a complete new engine after only 12000 miles.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
26-02-2013 06:21pm
Teetree

Happy Motoring?

(25-02-2013 10:51pm)chrisell Wrote:  On a more relevant note though - did the dead battery issue on the Evoque ever get cleared up or are owners still suffering this 'infamous' issue to this day?

I've not suffered from that issue (yet). Still , only 4500miles and 6 months so far. I've listened to the radio usb etc while the engine was off a few times and it automatically turned off after ten mins as expected but never had that warning come up. Wonder if the warning generally occurs more with the 825W system

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
27-02-2013 12:53am
DaveR

Re: Happy Motoring?

I'm on my second Evoque this one has the 825w sound system. Both regularly left 7-14 days unused and neither had/has suffered a battery problem.
27-02-2013 12:26pm
chrisell

(27-02-2013 12:26pm)DaveR Wrote:  I'm on my second Evoque this one has the 825w sound system. Both regularly left 7-14 days unused and neither had/has suffered a battery problem.

Good to know. Hopefully the second one because you wanted it, not because the first one fell to pieces Very Happy

Chris.
27-02-2013 03:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have one of the first Evoques delivered to a UK owner. Delivered on launch day in September 2011. It has been a great car, I have been fortunately that I have dealt with a great dealership for purchasing it and have a (different) superb local service outlet.
It has had the odd rattle, it has a wind noise issue from the door seals that I have waited 18 months for a new set of redesigned seals for and they seem to be forever on back order at the factory. I love the car, yes there are bits that can be improved ( even Audis and BMWs have those) and yes it has a battery problem that only manifests itself when the car is left unattanded for 6 weeks BUT it has never inconvenienced me or left me stranded. As a single guy with no "baggage" to lug around it is the ideal car for me. I've owned many Land Rover vehicles over the years and will probably buy more in the future but Evoque suits my needs to a T

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-02-2013 04:37pm